Lately on both boxes, they have started with audio, but no video. It just sits there with the three white dots on the black screen saying welcome. Reset fixes it, bit this did not happen in the past. Any idea what is causing this?
To be honest this is the first I've heard regarding hearing audio but not seeing video, that said though, knowing a reboot restores the video is definitely helpful in the diagnosis. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A couple of queries though if I may to assist further:
Have you spoken to support regarding this issue? I'm wondering if there's a signal issue be it RF to the modem or Wireless to the stb.
How often does this occur?
How long after a reboot does the video cut out?
Does this happen on more than one box?
Does it occur on all channels?
Are you using Whole Home WiFi? Or any alternative wireless solution outside of the modem?
This definitely sounds like a pain to deal with. I don't blame you for being frustrated. 😟
By any chance, have you tried rebooting the affected box? (Settings > Help > Restart). If that doesn't help, please try rebooting your Ignite modem by unplugging the power cord for about 30 seconds and plugging it back in. Once done, move on to the affected TV box(es) and complete another restart through the Settings > Help menu. This normally clears up any funny business that is going on.
Please give us an update to let us know how it goes! 😊
Hi! I’m having a problem with the tv playing audio but not displaying visual. We checked and it’s for sure not the tv itself because the picture shows up when we change the input to the DVD player. The only issue is the connection to ignite—is there any way to fix this problem?
I have the volume and getting it clear sound but no picture on my screen for 3 days in a row now.. can you fix it pls
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!
We appreciate you posting your concern in our community. I can imagine how disappointing it must be to only get an audio signal and no video when trying to watch your favourite programs. 😞
We'll need a bit more information to determine what steps to take next.
We look forward to your response!
However, when we adjust the volume, the little bar that shows the volume level appears on the screen.
Here are a few comments/questions:
1. The volume may be the one displayed by the TV itself and not the Rogers Box. You can confirm this by using the TV's remote.
2. Do you have another HDMI input on the back of the TV you can try?
3. Do you have another HDMI cable you can try? If not, unplug the HDMI cable at both ends and plug the end that was attached to the TV to the box and vice versa. Then reboot the box
4. When you press the Rogers "Settings' button, does the screen display the menu for the box?
5. If it does, then you may need to go into the Ignite settings and select a different video output resolution - like 1080i instead of Auto. Or even try 480i as a test. What is the make/model of your TV? If no menu items come up, I suspect a poor connection between the box and the TV - bad HDMI cable, etc.
6. Does the Guide show up for the Rogers box?
OK, so if you've tried everything we've already suggested and there's no guide/menu, then there's likely an issue with the connection from the box to the TV as I previously mentioned (HDMI cable/handshake issue).
1. Do you have another TV you can try the box on?
2. What's the exact model number of the TV? That way we can see what video formats it can handle.
3. Do you have another Rogers box in the house that you can try? Is that box working on the other TV?
4. If you don't have another TV/box, are you able to borrow a (small?) TV from someone nearby - friend, neighbour, relative? Can you borrow another HDMI cable?