Apple TV Authentication not working for CNN Go?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackie68
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple TV Authentication not working for CNN Go?

I have tried other apps as well as CNN Go on all other platforms.  On the Apple TV 4K CNN Go is not authenticating.  

RogersLaura

Hello @Gdorrett and @Jackie68,

We appreciate you trying the suggested troubleshooting steps and getting back to us with the additional info. 🙂

As it does seem to be specific to using the CNN GO app with an Apple TV, let's try to get some tickets submitted so the matter can be further investigated on the back end.

If possible, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you kindly!
RogersLaura

bmva
I've Been Here Awhile

I just ran into this issue today - very frustrating. The CNN Go app was working fine until today, when I had to re-start my Apple TV 4K. No luck re-activating the app after that. I also tried uninstalling / re-installing the app, without luck.

I can also confirm that all other apps (CTV, Global, etc) that require activation are working fine.

Look forward to this being fixed.

FIL3
I've Been Here Awhile

Exact same problem.  CNNGo working on all other platforms and all other apps that require Rogers authentication working properly.  Appears that Rogers authentication is not reaching CNN/AppleTV.

jmerali
I've Been Around

I too will confirm this is a real issue and one that cannot be resolved on the user end. Can someone from Rogers yplease provide us with an update/solution? Has anybody from Rogers Support spoken to anyone at Apple yet?
Dorffio
I've Been Around

Yes it’s systemic, I have tried with Bell and Cogeco and that works, it’s just Rogers’s Oauth that doesn’t work
Soniac
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there an update on this? It’s been a couple of weeks.
loyd1
I've Been Around

Is anyone at Rogers working on this issue? We are having the same issue as outlined in this form. Can someone from Rogers post an update please?

RogersTony

Hello, @bmva, @FIL3, @jmerali, @Dorffio, @Soniac, & @loyd1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums to you all! 🙂

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We'll need to gather your info in order to escalate this matter for further investigation.

As per RogersLaura in Post 12 of this thread, please send us a private message so we can get the process started for you.

RogersTony

THOLMES1
I've Been Around

I have the same issue.  Is there a fix coming?