cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add my TSN subscription to my STB?

markfink777
I plan to stick around

I have a typical Rogers ignite setup at home using a Xi6 STB. I also have a separate yearly TSN subscription. To view TSN channels I have to switch to my computer and watch via a web browser. Is there any way of adding that same subscription into the STB to make watching TSN a little simpler/faster rather than having to turn on my PC and switch inputs on my TV?

TIA

**Added Labels**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Add my TSN subscription to my STB?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In order to get the superior picture quality and the better user experience that comes via the STB, you would need to subscribe (monthly) to TSN via Rogers.  This will cost you more than the TSN streaming experience.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In order to get the superior picture quality and the better user experience that comes via the STB, you would need to subscribe (monthly) to TSN via Rogers.  This will cost you more than the TSN streaming experience.

markfink777
I plan to stick around

Thanks. I'd kinda figured that would be the case. Worth noting however is that the (1080p) picture quality I get from my computer via my browser is very good and I have no complaints with it other than the previously mentioned channel switching inconveniences.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the PQ.  There are lots of people who are not - see the following thread:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/tsn-and-sportsnet-hd-video-quality.294481/#post-3147682

Numerous people have stated that the PQ is nowhere near what is available through a Service Provider like Rogers, especially when true 4K programming is available.  It all depends on your needs, your TV, your TV size, viewing distance, etc.  TSN (and SN) streaming is really designed to be viewed on a device like a phone, tablet or laptop, so a larger screen may or may not provide an acceptable experience.

markfink777
I plan to stick around

"Numerous people have stated that the PQ is nowhere near what is available through a Service Provider like Rogers"
Not my experience. For eg I've switched between watching things like NFL games on Rogers to compare the same game on my TSN feed and I can't see a difference in quality on my 40" 2 yr old RCA TV.  It is not, however, 4K.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation