cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We're sorry, due to telephone company facility trouble your call cannot..." message I receive

customer2022
I've been here awhile

Ever since the outage, I cannot use my home phone to call a number on Vancouver Island. This is a number I previously called, on a regular basis, without any issues. I still have no issue calling it with my cell. Any ideas? 

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: "We're sorry, due to telephone company facility trouble your call cannot..." message I

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

@customer2022   this happened to me as well, but prior to the outage.  There was one number that I previously called that would no longer connect.   A Rogers tech changed out my modem to the Gigabit Modem (the white one) and that solved my issues. 

Re: "We're sorry, due to telephone company facility trouble your call cannot..." message I

customer2022
I've been here awhile

Thanks. I know it's related to the outage because of the timing but since I have seen the same message come up  (when Googling for answers) on ATT and other service providers, the modem idea definitely makes sense. Maybe a reboot is the answer but since I've never done it with the telephone modem before, I am hesitant... not sure if there is a potential can of worms I should know about. 

@customer2022 : I assume you're talking about a separate Home Phone modem with legacy digital cable.  I had one of these for about 13 years and rebooted it a couple of times using the pinhole on the back with a paper clip.  There were no issues, but no promises.   

customer2022
I've been here awhile

Okay. Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try later today!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation