cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers home phone land line - only get busy signal no dial tone when picking up receiver

ledavids
I've been here awhile

When I pick up the receiver, I'm not getting a dial tone, only a busy signal. What do I do to make a call?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers home phone land line - only get busy signal no dial tone when picking up receiver

ledavids
I've been here awhile

I waited until the next day. The system corrected on its own. Thank you for your follow-up.

ledavids

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rogers home phone land line - only get busy signal no dial tone when picking up receiver

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do you have any other phones in the home?  Are they properly "hung up".  Unplug the phone line and plug it back in.  If it's a cordless phone, unplug the base station from the phone line and also from power.  Wait a minute and plug everything back in.

If you have one of the older style phone modems, unplug it for a minute and replug it so that it reboots.

If you have the newer IgniteTV gateway, do a restart of the system via the WiFi app.  This will also bring down the Internet and TV for 5-6 minutes.  Unplug/replug is also an option.

ledavids
I've been here awhile

Thanks for your reply. I've tried all these suggestions – nothing has worked.

Hello, @ledavids.

I appreciate you trying all the suggested steps. Are you on the legacy system where you have a dedicated modem for your phone service?

We can investigate this no-dial tone issue for you. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

ledavids
I've been here awhile

I waited until the next day. The system corrected on its own. Thank you for your follow-up.

ledavids

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation