Signing into Community Forums is a pain

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: Signing into Community Forums is a pain

I've also run into that problem. I think there's some confusion about emoticons vs. spoilers in the menu. To me, the spoiler tag looks a bit like an emoticon, plus it's the only one that stands out because it's coloured. The actual emoticons are grey and look like a smile. If you accidentally click on spoiler, you can delete the little box that it generates.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

The Spoiler Icon is Not for Smiley Face!

@jimboden - The Spoiler icon is a smiley face with a ZIP on his/her lip. (Its a horrible icon I know lol)

Spoiler.jpg

Just a Fun thing to advise!

Batma DarkKnight Spoiler:

Spoiler
Batman lives in DarkKnight in the end - He send his jet on auto pilot with the bomb.

As an example...

Smiley Wink

Community Manager (Retired) RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi everyone,

The login issues with the forums began on April 15th of this year, the feedback received since then is evidence of the poor online experience these issues have created. They remain a priorty for us to get resolved and we have been working diligently to solution the problem.

I ask for the patience of the community and your continued feedback, as we work through the root causes of the issue. 

@jimboden

Casual visitors are still able to visit the forums and view information, they are also still able to register as a member of the forums without first having to become a Rogers' customer.

I'm an Advisor

RogersStrick:

Thanks for the clarification about casual visitors. Good to know. Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Contributor

The problem started 3 months ago and no one has been able to figure it out in that time ?

Why is there no link to the "message listing "  on the home page ?   Or is it in code  of some kind?

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @barndoor,

What are you referring to? I don't see any "message listing" while being logged in on the homepage either. 

Thanks,

RogersHassam

So how  do you get here (here being the message listing page) from the homepage  ...  why isn't there a link.   I have to go to my email box and click on the link in a mailer  to get access to this page.

On any other forum I have been on  you sign in to the home page   and you select there the topic  you want  and that then takes you to a page form which you would look at the threads you wish to view.   The later is the equivalent to  the Rogers "messages page"

For me their is no trail to get here from the home page.

I guess I just need to come to terms with a different way of doing things . 

I managed to backtrack this time and see the trail i need to follow to get here  ... Rogers Community forums - General discussion and account support(drop down box) - My Rogersand General account support- message listing .

I've broken the code I guess..... the terminology used was just not making sense to me to get here being an infrequent visitor and all .

Community Manager (Retired) RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)

@barndoor@OLDYELLR

Hi everyone,

Good News!

We have added a widget on the right hand side of the home page that provides access to "all posts/messages". The widget is entitled "Latest Posts" and provides users with a glimpse at the latest posts and the option to view all posts.

I hope this will help make it easier to find the most recent messages. Keep us informed and let us know if this helps.

Latest Posts.png

When I get to the home page I see a section on the right had side that asks "Where do you wand to go?" I just have to click on TV/Internet or whatever and am taken to all the post covering that area. As well it is easy enough to get to the home page by signing in and scrolling to the bottom of the page then clicking on Community Forms.