cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea for Wireless Data Plan Improvements

zerothree
I plan to stick around

Here's an idea:

How about offering customers the ability to carry over a certain amount of unused data from their previous billing cycle?

If the customer has prepaid (as part of their monthly commitment) for 5GB of data and only use 1GB, why not have a feature that will carry over a certain percentage of unused data (it does not have to be the entire remainder), lets say a percentile?

All too many times I feel like I am not getting my money's worth and there needs to be some improvments made to provide a better sense of value with the already poor and expensive data plans.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Idea for Wireless Data Plan Improvements

RogersMoin

Hello, @zerothree

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for taking the time and posting your idea in the Community. We are always on the lookout to add more value to our products and services. Your feedback will be passed on to the appropriate team, thank you again.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

heman67
I like it here
Also when you are a customer for long time (9 years) there aren't any offer as a loyal customer.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
Well, @heman67, for the "loyal customers offers", have you tried calling Customer Support or Fidelity department? They are the ones who have deals for existing customers, not the website.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @TwitchyPuppy

Do you mean " retentions" or Loyalty " departments? Customer service can't do much other then the usual I am afraid. The only ones that can give a better deal to existing customers is the departments above I listed. Or a manager can try as well.

User14
I'm a trusted contributor

@RogersMoin wrote:

We are always on the lookout to add more value to our products and services. Your feedback will be passed on to the appropriate team, thank you again.

RogersMoin

@RogersMoin  I have just monitored my internet data plan and the 75% warning on my 25GB data limit was 10 days late.  I mentioned this on other threads, so it does make sense to allow unused data from one month to be carried over to another month.  Using my real internet data, you can see that I did not use 4GB in the Feb-Mar cycle, 2GB in the Mar-Apr cycle. 

Proposal to carry over unused data.png

However, in the Apr-May  cycle I went over by 3GB and charged $4.50.  The algorithm seems quite one sided in Rogers favour. The proposal by  @zerothree  to carry over unused wireless data seems fair and reasonable and it should also apply to internet data. I would support this proposal as it is more fair to consumers.  The only other fair option I can think of  is to charge for data on a daily basis as you currently do, then bill on a monthly basis.  I have looked for such a pay-as-you-go plan but there does not appear to be any.  I hope consideration for this approach would work for wireless and internet data.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

This is a model that is growing in the U.S., but has not made it here yet, but there are smaller providers who are dabbling in the idea, so maybe it will come.

Thansk @RogersMoin for passing the idea onto the relevant teams for consideration.

Bruce

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 in conversation