cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing posts

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I used to be able to edit my posts soon after posting if I saw an error. Now I don't seem to be able to see that option. Is it still available?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Editing posts

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR , as mentioned by @Datalink , you probably have an extension or something similar that is preventing the "dropdown" on the top right of your posts. Does the dropdown appear when you click on the "gear" at the top right of your posts?.  Of course you also need to be logged in to see the edit option in that dropdown.

Here's a list of possible issues that can stop the site from working properly, although you're probably familiar with most of them:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR if the edit option isn't visible in the drop down menu on the right hand side, that indicates that you have a blocker running, either in your router, if you're running a router, or in your browser.  Here's a partial list of the web page feeder sites as shown in Ipvfoo.  Even that probably isn't complete due to the filtering that I have running in my router and Chrome browser:

communityforums.rogers.com    208.74.204.155

assets.adobedtm.com                   23.64.56.51

chat.rogers.com                             23.41.253.108

dpm.demdex.net                           54.156.185.239

fast.fonts.net                                   93.184.216.182

fonts.googleapis.com                  172.217.164.202

m.addthis.com                               192.168.0.2

mboxedge17.tt.omtrdc.net         130.248.144.16

mservices.rogers.com                   23.4.118.150

netstorage-ion.rogers.com          23.59.218.109

pixel.everesttech.net                    192.168.0.2

pixel.tapad.com                            192.168.0.2

rogers.demdex.net                       52.73.155.5

rogers.i.lithium.com                     72.21.91.97

s.pinimg.com                                 23.64.56.166

s.ytimg.com                                   172.217.1.174

s7.addthis.com                              23.64.56.32

stracking.rogers.com                   66.235.144.136

www.rogers.com                          23.222.22.79

www.youtube.com                       172.217.165.14

This list is what survives after the filtering.  Some of these I've had to allow in order for the edit function to show up.  Don't remember off of the top of my head which one is directly responsible for that function.  Every once in a while, Rogers changes the page, so I have to go back in and figure out what the new function source is.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR , as mentioned by @Datalink , you probably have an extension or something similar that is preventing the "dropdown" on the top right of your posts. Does the dropdown appear when you click on the "gear" at the top right of your posts?.  Of course you also need to be logged in to see the edit option in that dropdown.

Here's a list of possible issues that can stop the site from working properly, although you're probably familiar with most of them:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote:

I do believe it's to do with Firefox's  extra tracking protection. About a year and a half ago I was unable to "Like" posts and that turned out to be the problem, so I turned it  off for this site and that worked. Lately again I have not been able use "Like" and something has changed in the tracking. I don't see any gear at the top right of my posts. Looks like I'll have to dig into Firefox and see what's causing it.

More than likely its a combination of changes to Firefox's protection systems and changes to the web site pages that Lithium has completed.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR : I'm doing this reply using FF on my Mac Mini.  As you know, I normally use Chrome.  I have the following comments.

1. When I came to the forum webpage(s) (even before signing in) I was presented with some sort of "Social Media Tracking" pop-up.  I simply closed it.  I don't encounter this in Chrome.

2. I was able to see the "gear" without any problems with my (fresh) version of FF.  I guess you need to look at your extensions, etc, or simply have have a fresh/clean browser available for Rogers Forum.  I'm not sure if "Private Window (FF) or Incognito mode (Chrome)" would solve the problem, although I know that's good for checking to see if cookies are the source of an issue?

3. You have up to 2 hours to edit your posts.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I expect if I use Chrome I won't see these problems, but I'm trying to troubleshoot FF. This time I signed in using  a private FF window, but it's still the same. Just to confirm I'll see if can edit this after posting. If not, I'll do it using Chrome.

{EDIT]

Could not do it with FF, even in a private window, but it's works using Chrome. I see the gear and everything and the Like button also works.  Looks like more FF troubleshooting.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

It looks like I've exhausted trying to find Firefox add-ons that are causing me this problem and merely turning off FF enhanced tracking protection does nothing. I know that Rogers is not a big fan of Firefox and prefers Chrome and other newer browsers, but FF is still the third most popular browser after Chrome and Safari. Rogers isn shooting themselves in the foot by not adequately supporting it. Please @CommunityHelps  have your developers look into this and come up with a solution. Rogers is the only site that fails to work for me because of this.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

...I know that Rogers is not a big fan of Firefox...

But FF works for me.  I still suspect some sort of adblocker or extension or add-on or pop-up blocker or other (non-stock) preference setting that's causing your issue.

Have you disabled all your extensions in FF and made sure other settings are not blocking something?  I know you prefer FF, but if you run it so that something doesn't come up, that's not really Rogers fault is it?

Perhaps someone else reading this thread can give FF a try to see if they can see the "gear" (to edit posts or other functionality)

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote:

But FF works for me.  I still suspect some sort of adblocker or extension or add-on or pop-up blocker or other (non-stock) preference setting that's causing your issue.

Have you disabled all your extensions in FF and made sure other settings are not blocking something?  I know you prefer FF, but if you run it so that something doesn't come up, that's not really Rogers fault is it?

Perhaps someone else reading this thread can give FF a try to see if they can see the "gear" (to edit posts or other functionality)

I've tried disabling my add-ons one at a time with no luck.  I'm sure it's something to do with FF's Enhanced Tracking Protection.  I've turned it off for this site but that didn't help. I'm trying to see if I can get rid of it entirely.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57  It has to be an add-on. Now after starting FF in safe mode (add-ons disabled) I see the gear and can "like" posts. I don't have that many add-ons, so maybe I should disable them all and then enable them one at a time to see which is the culprit. Last week I found I could not sign into TD EasyWeb with FF. After a lot of troubleshooting I found it was because I had enabled an add-on that I don't remember disabling, something that enables right click copy on sites that don't allow it.  Made no sense, but I got rid of it and I could sign in.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Okay, I had 8 add-ons. I disabled them all and FF showed the "gear" here. I then enabled 3, one at a time, that I knew I really needed and it still worked.  Not sure how or why I got the others, but they seem unrelated to here. If I find I need one of them I'll enable it as required, checking back here.  Lesson learned, don't just add add-ons because they seem cool and may be useful.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Full disclosure, the Firefox add-ons I had are listed below.  I disabled them all, then enabled those marked "@".

Adblock Plus @
Anti-Paywall
Behind The Overlay Revival @
convert2mp3.net Online Video Converter
DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials
F.B Purity - Cleans up Facebook (WX) @
Facebook Container

If I find I need one of the disabled ones, I can always put it back and see.  Strange that disabling each one at a time didn't fix the problem, but maybe there was interaction between them.
photobucket embed fix

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation