cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Rogers Mastercard

sonyboyj
I'm an enthusiast

I i get one and dont use it do i pay anything at end of the month. I basicly want i do buy the odd thing from amazon as i dont have a debt card with a credit card add on or a credit card

***Edited Labels***

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Question about Rogers Mastercard

Lurker
I'm a senior advisor

@sonyboyj wrote:

I i get one and dont use it do i pay anything at end of the month. I basicly want i do buy the odd thing from amazon as i dont have a debt card with a credit card add on or a credit card

***Edited Labels***

Not quite sure what you're asking, but I'll give it a crack.

1.  There is no annual fee for using the card.

2.  If you don;t use the card, and don't have a balance, you owe nothing at month's end.

3.  If you use the card, you're responsible for at least a minimum payment at the end of the month.

In short, its like a lot of other credit cards out there.

@Lurker is right.
Its exactly like other credit cards.
No balance owing, then you don't owe anything...

but on the bright side! - Rogers First Rewards accumilate as well! 😄
So you get your spending working for you double!

sonyboyj
I'm an enthusiast

So if i buy nothing i dont pay anything so i could go a year with out using it and not pay a dime. Also how long is the card for what if after a year i no longer want the card. is there a cancelation fee. Also does the purchases get added to me phone bill or do i get a bill to pay at the bank

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@sonyboyj, yes, if you don't use a credit card, the balance just stays at zero. I got talked into a PC credit card at the local Zehrs store in exchange for a bag of cookies and a shopping bag. I get a zero balance notification each month, but don't intend to use it unless my 2 Visa cards get hacked at the same time. I haven't had it a year yet, so I can't say what happens then.

If you have registered a credit card with Rogers, then your bill will come out of that card and you pay your bank or the CC company.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Unsure about specifically Rogers Master Card, but Inactivity rules apply for all credit cards.

My Recommendation is to actually talk to Rogers Bank.
https://www.rogersbank.com/en/contact
1-855-775-2265

They can give you all the details about "What if" situations.

Random Update - I just applied for mine, quite excited about it! 5000 Rogers Points ($50 value) yay!
I am closer to getting my free upgrade! (I collect points way too much lol)

Good day @sonyboyj,

I simply wanted to share some information with you regarding the questions you raised in your previous post.

I can confirm with you that the The Rogers First Rewards Mastercard does not incur any annual fee!

In the instance where you chose to use it, you can access your account anytime, anywhere and receive email or text message alerts for your account activity.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

Another question you might want an answer to is if there is a problem, are you dealing with Rogers staff or Mastercard  people .   Smiley Wink

Good afternoon @barndoor!

As @ShakTiburon mentioned above, in order to get assistance for the Rogers First Rewards Mastercard, you have to contact Rogers Bank.

You can reach them directly at 1-855-775-2265.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

barndoor

Thanks for the info RogersMaude but I have zero interest in a Rogers Mastercard after  past experiences with Rogers ... I was just curious what the interest rate was , but it seems to be hidden away pretty well.   Smiley Indifferent

Hi ^__^

I don't think are hidden at all!
All creditcard websites have a legal section:
For example:
https://www.rogersbank.com/en/legal

It links to all information. Including your interest rates.

"legal" link was in every single page that I visited on rogers bank website as it was footer menu as per the site format.

"Disclosure" pdf file tells you the main points. It's also on rogers bank broucher when they first came out with it (I don't know if Rogers store still have them).

Eitherway, that is what I read through for Interest rates before I applied for mine.

Hope this helps @barndoor 🙂

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@barndoor, whatever the interest rate is, you can be sure it's very high and just barely legal. All credit cards are pretty much the same. Just pay off the balanve every month and don't worry about it.

Thats pretty true Oldyellr.

Credit cards, bank on you carying a ballance.
Only way to really use them, is to pay off the ballance every month.

I am trying to only use mine when absolutely needed.

Silly in the past, i got conned into upgrading my creditcard from what it was originally. 
No fees! Well thats still good.  Some bonus points, extra stuff like a CAA type thing, etc... great!.

Oh wait.... it TRIPPLED my interest rate.

Back to the most BASIC visa card

---------

Took a look through the docs.

Looks to be about 19.9%... which is about on average with most of the 'points' type cards i have seen.. no different than the banks, etc (though i have seen some with 25-30%)

My basic one, is at just over 12%

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Gdkitty, tripling your interest rate should not matter if you always pay off the balance. But, yes, we occasionally slip up and miss a bill by accident and that hefty interest charge really smarts.

The world runs on interests. LOL

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@ShakTib wrote:
The world runs on interests. LOL

In the case of Ontario, for sure! But Greece gets a better deal. Smiley Mad

>___<" I shall not speak of Greece. Their financial situation is very shaky and I don't understand it.

barndoor

Shak Tib posted  "
I don't think are hidden at all!
All creditcard websites have a legal section: "

Yes they do.... but they generally put legal stuff  in the" legal" section and post the interest rate under" terms and conditions" . Even Rogers in their Qand A section say it can be found under" terms and conditions" ... then they put it in the disclosure section. Others use a direct link from the page but Rogers uses an indirect link.

And you wonder why some of us have trust issues ?

I agree Old Yeller pay it off and it doesn't really matter how much the interest is  ... unfortunately it is likely those that can least afford  to pay it that do.

There is no regulated standardized on what information goes where and how it is titled.
Terms and conditions IS a disclosure. so a Disclosure can be a Disclosure as well. Legal section is a Disclosure. Please understand how Disclosure works.
Just because it becomes common practice for some companies, doesn't mean it is actually regulated that way.
You may be used to the legal section a certain way but it isn't normal or standardized.

Even though as you can tell I am a Rogers Employee. Know this, I have no affliation with Rogers Bank, I don't even know how they work - except only by research and as a consumer. (I work in a complete different department)
As a consumer, I went to the site looked for the interest Rate within less than 30 seconds... because you asked for it. - Not hidden at all 😉

Divapup
I've been here awhile

Hi there!

This may be a silly question, but any help is appreciated! I recently applied for a Rogers Mastercard so I could put my phone bill on it.

I did apply for it last week, mid week. It has not come in yet.

I was wondering when should I expect it or see if I got approved? The other thing, should I have gotten a confirmation email? I'm starting to question if I maybe misclicked on something and didn't actually submit my application. I figured I would ask here first before sending in a new application! (In case I didn't submit it by mistake...)

Thank you for your reply in advance!

Cheers

Topic Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 11 in conversation