Rogers bank and Samsung pay

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers bank and Samsung pay

Will will this work? I don't want to switch credit card to something that works with Samsung or Google pay. Sheesh.

Re: Rogers bank and Samsung pay

Good evening @shagkie.

Welcome to the Community 🙂!

Just to clarify, you want to ensure if the Rogers Bank Card works with Samsung or Google Pay? I know how convenient mobile wallets can be. At this time, we do not support mobile wallets like Android Pay. So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature. Having said that, we are keeping track of every customer who asks about it and as demand grows, we will definitely look at offering this service. Thanks for weighing in with your opinion.

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, there's a long thread regarding people asking about Apple Pay:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Apple/Apple-Pay-for-Rogers-Bank-MasterCard/m-p/362568#M44463

I've Been Around

Hi, please consider this as more demand for samsung/android pay.

Make this a another feature people switch credit cards FOR, instead of waiting for slowly increasing demand.
I've Been Around

Add me to the list of customer that wants it !
I've Been Around

Same. Just got a Fitbit and was planning on using this.
I've Been Here Awhile

I DEFINITELY have been waiting for Google/Android Pay for awhile now.

PLEASE add this feature!

Tap is everywhere in Canada and it just makes sense to have.
I've Been Around

I am using the Rogers MC and I would love to have Apple Pay and Google Pay ASAP.  Have been waiting for a while...  Seems like a lot of people are asking...

@shagkie wrote:
Will will this work? I don't want to switch credit card to something that works with Samsung or Google pay. Sheesh.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello RogersZia,
I think you are absolutely not aware or pretending that you are not aware. A LOT of Rogers MC users are asking for Gpay or/and Samsung pay option to be added.
I am using Rogers MC as my primary card for personal and business expenses. But sometimes I do not have my wallet with me and extremely rare that I "forgot" my phone. In that situation, I just use another card with Gpay or Samsung pay. Would I stop using Rogers MC if the mobile features will not be enabled - probably not. Am I happy not having mobile payment enabled - also not. After all, it is not so critical and important to have a mobile payment option. But it is more convenient for users and IMO if Rogers MC really cares about customers - it should be enabled. 
PS. If I would start from scratch and would have an option to choose Rogers MC or "other" - comparing apple-to-apple there are on market more beneficial MC providers WITH mobile payment enabled.  

I've Been Around

It would be great if mobile wallet is available for rogers mc, as long as the card benefits won't be cut due to process fees charged by google or apple. 

Having said that, I prefer benefits over convenience.