Text messages not received from one contact

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Text messages not received from one contact

My wife has a Blackberry Q10.

She receives text messages from all contacts but one.

For that one person, if she starts to draft a message to that contact suddenly all the texts that this contact sent her appear.

But they will not appear until she starts to draft a text to that contact.
Nor is a notification recieved that texts were sent to her from that contact.

She deleted the contact and readded to her phone.

The phone has been upgraded to latest patches and such and of course has been restarted.
What else can be done to fix this?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Text messages not received from one contact

Hi @danco1000

Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Let's see how we can get your text messaging issue dealt with on your Blackberry.

Have you tried completing a back up and factory rest of device?

Let us know if that helps or if you need assistance with completing reset and restore on your device.

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Around

Hi Danco1000

I had the same problem with one contact's text not showing up on my Classic  Tried all the things you did, and also could not mass erase the texts from the contact.  Finally, I went to the first text of the contact that was there and manually started to delete the texts one by one.  After erasing a months worth of text, I was able to purge all the texts and the next text from the contact came normally and text notifications were working.  I had a year and a half  worth of texts accumulated from the contacts. 

Now I know to occasionally purge texts as the texts are not automatically purged by the phone.

Hope this helps you.

BBDragon

I've Been Here Awhile

A Blackberry update came down to the phone and since then then issue is resolved.
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @danco1000,

We're happy to hear it's working for you now! Smiley Happy

Who would have known the device needed another update, this will definitely help others online seeking for a solution to not receiving text messages from one contact, excellent job. Thanks for sharing the information with the Community.

RogersArthur

I've Been Around

I have a Blackberry Q10 and 2 days ago I started having the same problem described by @danco1000.

I receive text messages from all contacts except one.

For that one contact, when I start to compose a message to that contact, then all the texts from/to that contact appear.

However, no notification is received that texts were sent to me from that contact.

Also, the contact name/number no longer appears in the text message feed. 

I have deleted the contact and all text history, but the problem persists.

The phone has been restarted.  How can I confirm if I have the latest patches?

Has a solution to this problem been reported?

Thanks.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am having this issue with one contact right now. 

I do not see his texts unless I go to 'compose a messge' and choose him. 

Some of my messages are not sending and just timing out. This is how it started on Friday. 

I cannot delete our conversation or individual messages. 

I have looked for an update (first thought), but my phone is showing none available. 

Sabrina 

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @vanbuskirks,

Welcome to the Community! 

I've personally had this happen to me with only one friend and it turned out because he lived in a basement apartment, he didn't have reception most of the time which prevented my messages from being delivered to him! What type of phone are you using? 

@Meowmix, feel free to chime in Smiley Happy.

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

I am using a Q10. 

This seems to be an (recent) issue with Blackberry phones after finding this forum and looking online. My issue is exactly in line with the other contributors to this post. see Danco10000 above

The contact is my husband so the issue is not reception. We live in the same house and nothing has changed since the issue started last week. 

Looking for a fix.

Sabrina

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

@vanbuskirks, have you tried updating your phone to the latest OS? If not, you might be able to find helpful information here. If you scroll all the way down on the first page, you'll find an "Update your smartphone" link. Once you click on that, you'll find instructions on how to do the update. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Coming on PPV!
Spence vs. Garcia Live
LIVE: Saturday March 16, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV customers can order as of March 13
DTV Customers can order as of March 14
Spence vs. Garcia Promo

IBF welterweight world Champion Errol Spence Jr. (24-0, 21 KOs) will defend his belt against four-division world champion and current WBC lightweight titlist Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs), who will move up two weight divisions to go for a world title in a fifth division in a meeting between two of boxing’s elite pound-for-pound best in the world.

Topic Stats