Blackberry Android - Bring us WiFi calling

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Blackberry Android - Bring us WiFi calling

I can't find a way of turning it on. I bought my phone from Roger's, maybe I should have bought it from BlackBerry???

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Blackberry Android - Bring us WiFi calling

Good day @edwa1812,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums! Smiley Wink

The PRIV has the authentic BlackBerry keyboard, legendary security, streamlined communications and productivity. It is the first BlackBerry to use the Android OS.

However, it is not VoLTE compatible and Wi-Fi Calling is only supported on certain iPhone devices.

Take a look at this Blog article for more information!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Too bad! Blackberry in their latest (and perhaps last) effort at staying in the smartphones market has come out second best to IPhone on this. Interestingly the online manual for the Priv says that it HAS Wi-Fi calling capability????

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

@edwa1812

Eligible devices for Wi-Fi calling include: iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus 6s and 6s Plus on iOS 9.

Hope this helps.

RogersSannecia

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersSannecia

I am pretty sure the OP knows this..... The user is saying that the Blackberry Priv indeed does support WiFi Calling but Rogers has not enabled it for this device. That is what the user is saying... I contacted Blackberry on behalf of another customer at my work and speaking to a higher end manager, they advised me that Rogers has yet accepted and enabled the device for this.

Hopefully Rogers considers this and enables it for this device as it is a neat device and should have this option.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am happy with most aspects of my Rogers BlackBerry Priv, but since I work from a basement office where wireless reception is really limited, it would certainly help if Rogers enabled the Wi Fi calling WHICH IS AN AVAILABLE FEATURE OF THIS PHONE ACCORDING TO THE BlackBerry MANUAL. Why does Rogers not enable their customers to us this feature on the VB Priv????

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @edwa1812

Honestly they should have enabled this from the start but i am guessing the more people that complain about it, the more attention it will get and get them to do it, it seems. This feature is needed for you and other users like my self which are in basements and buildings that barely get any service.

I've Been Here Awhile

Does Rogers One Number not work either? I assume not based on the above comments.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @konaexplorer

Since it is a Android based device i do believe it does work with Rogers One Number. I haven't seen any posts saying it doesn't.

I've Been Around

Hello,

Question about "Wi-Fi Calling"

Anyone knows why Rogers is not providing this feature on BlackBerry PRIV purchased from Rogers?

What 'reasons' or 'explanations' does Rogers provide to their customers?   Any idea?

Note about "RogersOneNumber"

I installed it and was able to send text messages. However, the phone did NOT work properly even after what appeared to be successful downloading and installation of the phone app. 

After many attempts and failures, I un-installed the app from my PC.  Perhaps I'll try again another time.

Thanks - RM_Rogers

Coming on PPV!
Spence vs. Garcia Live
LIVE: Saturday March 16, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV customers can order as of March 13
DTV Customers can order as of March 14
Spence vs. Garcia Promo

IBF welterweight world Champion Errol Spence Jr. (24-0, 21 KOs) will defend his belt against four-division world champion and current WBC lightweight titlist Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs), who will move up two weight divisions to go for a world title in a fifth division in a meeting between two of boxing’s elite pound-for-pound best in the world.

Topic Stats