cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

@sbradley33  my advice to you....just wait until the issues are resolved.  

Keep checking back here daily.  Trust me...when they're resolved you'll know about it here.  

on another note, 44mm gold cancellations are pouring in.  I'm down to lucky number 59 LOL

Digby1
I've been here awhile
I’ve called the stores and called the customer service number and no one can give me any clear information on what the 🤬 is going on. When I ordered my iPhone X it was at my door the next day. What is going on that they can’t even ship a watch to a store until they fix activations. Correct me if I’m wrong but the watch will work without the cell service and people like me who have never owned the watch can get to know it but to leave people in the lurch while all other places are delivering on their pre orders to have absolutely no information forthcoming from Rogers is extremely frustrating and calls into question the loyalty that customers show to them. Come on Rogers get off your high horse and update on what the delay is and stop leaving your customers guessing😤😡🤬🤯

ginabeena123
I've been here awhile
Picked up my watch in store (was #4 on the reservation system and it just came in today) they said I have to set it up at home, I didn’t have to pay the taxes up front. But when I got home the display stopped working completely and it feels like it is overheated. I had it for less than an hour!

So now I’m back at the store but they think I will have to go back on the pre-order list which I am very disappointed about. They can’t replace It since there aren’t any in store, and the main warehouse of Rogers doesn’t have any either (obviously) but the store rep and CSR don’t seem to have any solution for me.

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around
That’s not true, I cancelled my reservation after I picked it up at the Apple store and was refunded the day after.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ahmedcostco

Yes that's what we most said as well.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ginabeena123

Most likely a lemon watch. Someone on the ATT forums said the received one that was hot and turned off as well. Not all electronics are perfect lol..

Yeah sadly you would either need to pre order again with Rogers or get one with Apple full price

atif_kaloodi
I plan to stick around

I guess i have to wait for couple of weeks or more to get mine shipped.  i reserved mine on Wednesday last week. 
25-09-18.JPG

cpresseault21
I plan to stick around
Any body knows if they start shipping because stock at the same place I was yesterday morning

I taught they were suppose to ship yesterday or today because when I call the store they told me that I should receive it beginning of this week

KC1996
I've been here awhile

Hi, 

I'm about to go get my apple watch 4 at the Apple store and I'm wondering if its just easier to go into a rogers store and set this up rather than trying online? my reason for asking is it seems we have endless problems and I honestly cannot be bothered being on hold to Rogers for ages.  Should I purchase and head to a store or should I avoid like the plague?? 

Thanks 

zubair1177
I plan to stick around
I do not think they are shipping anytime soon until they can fix activation, i am at position 1 😉

nasa25

@KC1996

LMAO

My advise to you Sir/Madam:

1. Get your AW4 from apple

2. Go home and set it up/play with it/enjoy it (Pretend like it's a wifi only model for the time being)

3. Wait until the dust settles and Rogers fixes their network (like I mean 100% fixes it, not fixes to the point where 47.3% of people have a proper connection)

4. Once step 3 is complete, set it up online through your watch app at your leisure

The ONLY way to set up cellular is through the watch app.  You have absolutely zero reason to go into the rogers store unless you have about 10 hours to kill and looking for the most inefficient way to waste a day 

nasa25

Yup they won't ship until their activation/connection issues are in order

Activation is only half the battle.  Maintaining an actual connection to the network post activation is the remaining battle.  

KC1996
I've been here awhile

Haha awesome, 

So pretty much go get it and try the online way and if it doesn't work..use it as an expensive pedometer until rogers pulls their fingers out! 

Thank you! good to know the in store way would be like using a chocolate fireguard

jedig31
I plan to stick around
I picked up my watch at Rogers yesterday and the aactivation was no problem. The only problem was that the associate hadn’t done any before so it took about 40 minutes.

nasa25

@KC1996  Yup.  But honestly the AW functions perfectly without cellular.  Only thing is you need to have your iPhone nearby to make use of all the notifications/functions.  So it's just a very minor inconvenience imo.  

You can try to activate it but if you get an error code just stop trying.  If you get it activated but can't maintain a connection, just put in a ticket with rogers and wait for them to sort out everything (don't bang your head against a wall like I did trying to fix it).  And if you get a proper activation and connection first or second try, then awesome.  Count yourself lucky.

My main point is don't waste too much of your time on trying to get a proper cellular connection.  The system is just hella broken right now.  It's up to Rogers to fix it.

mangobug
I plan to stick around

@jedig31 So they have started giving these out now? What was your position in the queue? 

dustonf
I plan to stick around
Every Rogers store with 100KM of me said they will not get any. Where did you get yours??

jedig31
I plan to stick around
I was 37 on pre-order day. Then on Thursday it went to something, pending? I don’t remember, I forget the term. Then on Saturday it said shipped. And yesterday I got the call that it was in. I think I got mine so fast because I chose the 40” model. I see it’s not the popular choice.

jedig31
I plan to stick around
But they did say it is very slow. Mine was only the second watch they received at my store.

mangobug
I plan to stick around

@jedig31 wow that's great. Congrats. Did you have any trouble activating it? 

KC1996
I've been here awhile
Thank you!