iPhone carrier settings update 33.1

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone carrier settings update 33.1

iPhone 7 ios12.01 update still not allowing carrier EXT option between carrier towers.  FEature works fine on iPad.   Will,this be corrected on current 12.1 update?  This loss of your valuable and advertised feature is costing productive here. Please update on the status of this bug. Thanks. 

I've Been Around

If, sometimes, you need to manually switch to Rogers EXT in order to get proper coverage DO NOT UPDATE to iOS 12.x You will lose that capability.

I spend my week-ends at the cottage, close to the US border, and my phone automatically switches to AT&T when I'm there. In order to avoid roaming charges, and to be able to use my phone & data, I used to manually switched to ROGERS-EXT and everything was fine until I updated to iOS 12. That capability (confirmed by tech support) is now gone (you can still select a different US-network but not Rogers-EXT). The only fix proposed by tech support was to "downgrade" my phone back to iOS 11... which is an operation not supported by Apple and only do-able by "jailbreaking" your iPhone ! wow ! nice advice !

Basically it means that my contract with Rogers is useless for me when I'm not in the city. My only option now is to switch to Bell.

I'm very disappointed since I had that conversation with customer service a year or two ago and I chose to renew with Rogers because they said I will be able to use EXT when at the cottage. Now they just took that away without notice...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While its definitely something that should be looked into..
And 100% agree that you need to possibly switch carriers.

But this is not Rogers who took this away from you.  Its Apple.
Compared to android, where Rogers does have control over the OS updates pushed out, iOS on Apple devices, Rogers has zero control over.

This should be something taken up with Apple.

I've Been Here Awhile

This is not an Apple issue. This is a Rogers carrier update not iOS update.
It just so happens that Rogers only release Carrie settings 33.1 to iOS 12 users only.

All other carries have iOS 12 and allow selecting which carrier to connect to manually.
My contract ends on the first and I’ll be moving to bell at that time because I currently have 1% signal and cannot make calls most of the day.
I've Been Here Awhile

Upgrading to iOS 12.1.1 adds back the option to select the network (and disable automatic network selection). Only caveat is you have to sign up for iOS 12.1.1 beta version 3 since Apple hasn’t officially released it yet.

http://beta.apple.com

Plenty of guides on how to go through this process though, and it’s fairly straightforward.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, I’ve updated my iPhone 7 to the Beta 12.1.1 and the option is still not available....?
I've Been Here Awhile

my mistake, it’s there, thanks for the tip!
I've Been Around

Does Rogers send out regular carrier updates?
I've Been Here Awhile

Just got Rogers 34.1 Update.
Still not fixed.
I've Been Here Awhile

Carrier update 35.0 includes the fix, but is part of the iOS 12.1.1 (beta) update.

So until iOS 12.1.1 becomes an official update, installing the beta iOS is the only fix I know of.
Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 13 in conversation