cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 Plus on Rogers network and gps series 4 iwatch

dreadnot
I'm here a lot

Hi, I have a iPhone 8 Plus and iwatch series 4 gps paired to my iPhone, when I get a voice mail notification on my iwatch.  I try to listen to the voice mail via my iwatch and it only shows access voice mail on iPhone.  There are no options to listen to the voice mail. I can make and receive calls via the watch.   Both of my devices to update with the most current s/w versions.  I tried setting the watch to custom phone settings but that didn’t matter.  After speaking to Apple tech support they think it might be a carrier issue.

any ideas?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: iPhone 8 Plus on Rogers network and gps series 4 iwatch

RogersZia

Good evening @dreadnot,

Welcome to the Community  🙂!

Apple Watch definitely lets me worry less about where my iPhone is, especially when I'm doing things around the house. Accessing the voicemail on the watch is a handy feature! Just curious, do you currently have Visual Voicemail for iPhone on your account? I believe you will require the feature to play the voice messages; without the feature, you would just be calling into your mailbox to check your voicemail.

@nasa25, would you like to chime in?

RogersZia

I currently only have the regular. Mailbox.  

Hello, @dreadnot.

Thank you for confirming the status of the voicemail feature. The Visual Voicemail feature lets you see a list of your messages and choose which ones to listen to or delete, without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions. You can learn more about Visual Voicemail on our support section. 

Since you have to dial out to retrieve your voicemails, you may not be able to listen to the voicemails directly from your watch. If you would like to upgrade your voicemail, then please feel free to PM us at @CommunityHelps.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
Sorry for the delay.

Moin is correct. If you don’t have visual voicemail you won’t be able to retrieve messages from your watch.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation