Calls on secondary sim going to voice mail on dual sim iPhone XR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Calls on secondary sim going to voice mail on dual sim iPhone XR

I have an unlocked iPhone XR and had my Rogers sim moved to my e sim at Yorkdale Mall. I am now in Europe with a Three pay as you go SIM card in my physical sim bay.  I have Three as my primary sim, and Rogers as secondary. It works well, however my Rogers calls were going straight to voice mail even though I was not on a voice call on the primary sim. (It is supposed to monitor both sims and ring if you get a call, unless you are on a voice call on one of the sims, in which case the other call will go directly to voice mail, and you will not get a notification).

Bottom line is my secondary line (Rogers) was going straight to voice mail even though I was not on a call, and I did show signal strength on both sims. 

By chance while troubleshooting I decided to remove my wi fi calling feature I had selected on my Rogers line, and that resolved the issue. I now receive calls from both sims. 

**Added Labels**

Re: Calls on secondary sim going to voice mail on dual sim iPhone XR

Hey @Aquazoo,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thanks for your post! Smiley Happy

It's important to have a working line, especially while abroad! Typically, Wi-Fi Calling does work while roaming with an eSIM line. I'm glad to hear you were able to find a temporary fix. To properly troubleshoot Wi-Fi Calling, we'll need you to contact us once you're back in Canada.

Please send us a PM at @CommunityHelps once you're back and we'll look into it further for you.

If you are not familiar with our private messaging system please Click Here

RogersTim