cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Setup iPhone XS

VM07
I'm here a lot

Have been trying to setup voicemail however after pressing one an error message comes up then the screen goes to calling voicemail and a message stating call cannot be connected. I've contacted customer service who was very helpful but could not solve the problem. The customer rep has put in a request to support to address this problem asap. Got a recorded message later in the day (March 15, 2022) saying that my wireless service has been checked and there is no problem. The message said nothing about the voicemail issue. I'm still waiting and voicemail is still inaccessible. 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Voicemail Setup iPhone XS

VM07
I'm here a lot

After having spent some time with Yasmine at Rogers doggedly resetting and reinstalling the voicemail everything is now working. Thanks to all for their help and advice.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RogersJermaine

Hello @VM07,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for you post! 

We understand how important the voicemail feature can be and know that it can be frustrating running into issues setting it up. 

Are you able to try these steps found here to ensure the Voicemail Retrieval Number is correct? 

Also, what is the error message that you are seeing come up? 

If you can try that and let us know how it goes. 

Cheers
RogersJermaine

Hello, Jermaine. Thanks for your response. I've tried the first two options for Voice Retrieval Number and am getting the same message as when I'm holding down 1 to access voicemail. That is, the message on screen is: Error performing request / Unknown Error

Good day, @VM07!

Thanks for giving that a shot, we appreciate it! 🙂

Are you experiencing any other issues with your wireless services? I think it would be best if we had a closer look into this issue for you. Kindly send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersYasmine

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here is some tips, are you simply pressing the 1 key so the number 1 shows up then hitting the call button? or are you pressing and HOLDING the 1 key?   for any phone using Sim Card technology, you need to press and HOLD the 1 key, it will dial a special voicemail retrieval number programmed to your sim card,  if you simply call the number 1, your not calling the correct number and can get an error.

first confirm the above, is this correct?

also you can ask the customer service rep to give you the voicemail retrieval number on its own, its some 416 number and you ARE able to call it manually, to test if it works, if it does, then your voicemail is fixed, if not, ask the representative to do a "Resend to Switch" on their end and it should re-program your sim card with the correct voicemail retrieval number again, then you can press and hold the 1 key to call your voicemail again to test it out

VM07
I'm here a lot

I've been pressing 1 and holding. While holding the error message comes up with a dismiss button. When I press dismiss the phone calling screen comes up displaying the phone calling voicemail. During this time there is no audio from the other end and call cannot be made message comes up. However, I'll give your second suggestion a try. Thanks.

Have sent a private message re this issue. Thanks.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

it sounds like the voicemail retrieval number may have gotten corrupted when it was stored in your iPhone.  iphones are a little different than other phone models to edit the number. most phones have a easy to find menu to find your voicemail retrieval number, but iPhones need some kind of special non-advertised code to punch in to be able to edit or program the retrieval number.  I'm not an apple user, so unfortunately I am not aware of what is the code, but a re-send to switch often will work but in the event it does not, you can call the agent and they can walk you thru how to program it, they have all the steps on knowledge base

VM07
I'm here a lot

After having spent some time with Yasmine at Rogers doggedly resetting and reinstalling the voicemail everything is now working. Thanks to all for their help and advice.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation