cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add Rogers Yahoo mail account to iPhone native Mail App

Nancy12
I plan to stick around

Since the IOS upgrade to IOS 18, a problem has arisen in the iphone's native app.  In particular, it is the "Add Account" feature where you no longer able to add a new Rogers Yahoo email account or update a new password (that you may have changed as a security measure) for your existing Rogers Yahoo email account.   This renders your Rogers Yahoo email account useless and you will no longer have access to your Rogers Yahoo email through the iphone's mail app.

Normally when you press the "add account" feature, you select "yahoo!" to add your Rogers Yahoo email account.  After inputting your email address, it should it would redirect you to the www.rogersmembercenter.com screen to input your password.    For whatever the reason, this screen no longer appears in the IOS 18 version.   

I was on the phone for over 2  1/2 hours with a Rogers technical support  rep in conjunction with one other "iphone Rogers Email" expert in the background.     We went through numerous things including clearing the cache, turning off wifi, turning off cellular data.  I even tried turn off the phone, resetting the phone to factory setting....nothing seems to work.   The only thing I have not successfully tried is to the Reiboot to reset the iphone back to IOS 17 - although it purports to be a free software, when I tried to downgrade with their Reiboot software, it prompts me to BUY the software.....so that's a NO GO.

If anyone have the slightly idea on how to gain back access to my Rogers Yahoo mail account, I am all ears.  In the meanwhile I have to download the yahoo mail app to access my Rogers yahoo mail.

***Edited Labels***

42 REPLIES 42

Re: Unable to add Rogers Yahoo mail account to iPhone native Mail App

At this point, to get the update on your iPhone, go to Settings/General/Software update and you can update to 18.0.1 without the beta.

I might suggest moving your email away from Rogers and use a free Gmail account. If your email is tied to Rogers, you have to stay with Rogers - even if you don't have good internet service or if you want to get a better price with another phone/internet company. Your email is very important, too important to let Rogers be in charge as to whether or not you can receive your mail on your iPhone. 

Topic Stats