cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers iPhone 16 Pro Max Promo Scam or Real?

schmidtj12
I've been around

I have just had a call centre claiming to be Rogers promotional dept, I listened to the shpeal and asked the person to call me back today. The call came from an entirely different number, I spoke to a couple of people and the 2nd person said they were in Vancouver however the calls were coming from different numbers Kelowna, Rossland and 100 mile house which red flags the whole thing. I was apprehensive as they were asking for my ID etc, so I hung up and they called back from yet again another #. The unbelievable promotion was 61$/month for 2 years with unlimited US/CDA calling/texting; 100GB of date and a 256 GB IPHONE 16. All seemed too good to be true, of course.  I have since gone in and changed my information on my rogers account. And will as well change other accounts to prevent any other security breaches that may or could result from this. Has anyone else got calls like this? Is this legitimate??

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Rogers iPhone 16 Pro Max Promo Scam or Real?

RogersYasmine

Hello @schmidtj12 ,

A warm welcome to our community and thank you for sharing your recent experience with everyone. You can never be too safe these days!

Based on your description, this sounds like a scam call that you received, especially for the fact that they were including an iPhone 16 as part of the deal. 

When these types of instances occur, it's imperative that you do not provide them with any personal info. Instead, ask them to clearly document your account with their offer details so you may call us directly to verify the offer, and then have them call you back later.  Typically, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. 😞

For more details on how to detect a scam call (also known as 'vishing') and report it, please check out this helpful article: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/Protecting-Yourself-Against-Fraud/ba-p/505305

I hope this helps and please stay safe!!

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation