cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch standalone (sperate number) plan?

gaok12345
I've been here awhile

Will Rogers offer standalone apple watch plan soon? Or already there? if so, could anyone help share the steps of setup? 

Just bought an apple watch from Rogers store and find I don't get a separate number.   Thought its a simple feature both Telus/Bell supported.  I bought the watch for kid so I can contact /track him while he's on the ski trail.  A separate number required.   

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Apple watch standalone (sperate number) plan?

RogersYasmine

Greetings, @gaok12345!

Thanks for joining us here in the Rogers Community and for posting your Apple Watch question. 🙂

Just to clarify, we do have non-shared Apple Watch plans available for $10 per month which include 1GB of non-shared data. You do need to pair it with an existing smartphone in order to be eligible for the plan, even if you are not sharing the data between these devices.

Here is what you will need to activate an Apple Watch plan:

1. An up-to-date iPhone connected to the Rogers network and an Apple Watch that supports GPS and cellular functionality.
2. A Rogers postpaid wireless account with a compatible Rogers plan.
3. A MyRogers account profile associated with your primary iPhone number.

For more FAQs regarding how to set-up an Apple Watch with Rogers, please click here

Kind regards,
RogersYasmine

I have called and spoke  to two different representatives and they are not familiar with this. They said the phone would have the same phone number. How can I get this set up? I need a separate phone number for the watch. 

Hello @asdkljfq3245789,

We can look at your account to see what is going on. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersRahul

asdkljfq3245789
I've been here awhile
Did you find a solution that works ? I’m having the same problem

Hello and welcome to the Community @asdkljfq3245789,

I see that you've already reached out via private message. Please check out our team member's reply in PM to learn more about the next steps :).

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

RogersZia

pilias
I've been here awhile

Just to clarify, because I've called two different Rogers agents, and have gone into the Rogers store and got a different story.  I have a Rogers phone, and I have paired it with my Apple Watch to share the data.  However, what I would like is to get a second Apple Watch, with a dedicated number / 1gb plan.  Is that possible?  Because Rogers agents I have spoken to are saying every plan needs to be connected to a separate mobile phone plan.  

Greetings, @pilias !

Thanks so much for posting your question in the community! We hope you like it here. 🙂

Regretfully, you can only share your Rogers smartphone number with one Apple Watch at a time. So sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Is there any solution available yet for this issue?  I am trying to accomplish the same thing as the original poster.  I have an apple watch and an iphone and I am happy to have the same number on my watch as my phone (this is what I want) but I also want to set up an apple watch for my son using the family set up option with a different phone number for his watch (and he has no phone).  I just switched from Bell to Rogers and assumed this would be no issue as it can easily be done with Bell.  I am now not sure what to do and if I will need to switch back to Bell.  Appreciate any assistance/suggestions!

plkm
I've been here awhile

Hello Lauraj1,

Unfortunately, I don't think Rogers has Family Set-up for the Apple Watch (see here). Apparently, only Bell and Telus currently offer that type of set-up.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

lauraj1
I'm here a lot

Thanks!  It is so disappointing.  Just went through the effort to switch to Rogers and now looks like I may have to switch right back to Bell 😞

jules9
I've been around

I just did the same thing. Picked up the watch from the apple store last night, only to find that Rogers does not support the family plan. I just switched to Rogers last week. 

I have read that you can purchase a stand alone plan from Bell for the watch, but you need to borrow a Bell sim from a friend for 5 minutes to set up the watch. I am going to try that. I hope it works!

Interesting!  Would love to hear an update if that works with a standalone Bell plan!

salioi
I've been around
100% same situation as you.
I switched to Rogers from Bell recently, then noticed that this is not working under Rogers.
I regret so much that I moved to Rogers.

Did Bell standalone plan work well? I called Bell twice but the agents don’t sound like knowing this.

tbcuthbert
I plan to stick around

Hi,
Will this add-on for Apple Watches be available in Western Canada for Shaw Wireless customers converted to Rogers Cellular with 5 year plans?
or will we lose our 5 year plans?

Hello @tbcuthbert ,

Thanks for joining in the conversation and a warm welcome to the Rogers Family!! 🙂

I just want to clarify, if you are referring to the Apple Watch not needing to pair or "piggyback" off of an iPhone on the same account, I regret to advise that we do not have any info on whether or not this option will become available in the future.

If things change, we will most certainly provide the community with an update. 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

celinnay
I've been around

We just went through exactly the same painful process with Rogers. After spending hours with different agents in the store and over the phone, finally, a senior agent in their wireless tech support department confirmed that Rogers currently doesn't support adding the Apple Watch cellular plan to an Apple Watch that is set up as a family watch (meaning that it will be associated with a different family member's AppleId on your iPhone). It's truly a disappointment and a waste of time. We now have no choice but to return the watch and cancel the watch plan. Hopefully, whoever has similar needs will see this posting before they make the move to Rogers. 

Hello jules9, just curious if you had success with the Bell route of borrowing a friend's SIM card?

LuisR
I've been here awhile
Hello, could you tell me if that solution worked for you? Thank you
Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 in conversation