cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaced apple watch 6, Activation Error / No way to "unlink" old phone

pinetree
I've been here awhile

Had the Apple Watch battery replaced, restored everything when I got it back.  But I can't activate the cellular on the watch.  

1) When I click on My Watch > Cellular, I have a link to "set up cellular". I tap that, and am brought to a page with a button to Set Up Cellular.

IMG_5386.jpeg

2) When I tap "Set up cellular", I get an activation error, asking me to "Unlink the other smartwatch".  

IMG_5384.jpeg

3) Clicking on the red "OK" button just dumps you back to the settings screen.  Clicking on "unlink the other smartwatch" brings me to a help page that says to click on My Watch > Cellular, etc, and the whole thing repeats itself - a circular loop.  (Here's the help page:  https://www.rogers.com/support/mobility/how-to-unlink-your-apple-watch-from-your-iphone)

Apple says this is a Rogers problem.  The Rogers store said they don't have the ability to fix it, but try calling Rogers tech support.  Tech support was completely useless, and after 2h, I gave up.

Here are my details:  

- iPhone 15 Pro Max, with iOS 17.5.1 (latest) 

- Apple Watch 6, with WatchOS 10.5

- Checked in MyRogers, and the Watch plan is still active

- Tried restarting the iPhone - problem still remains

- Tried unpairing and then repairing the Apple Watch - problem still remains.

Any ideas?  This is BEYOND frustrating

Randall

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Replaced apple watch 6, Activation Error / No way to "unlink" old phone

RogersMoin

Hello, @pinetree.

Thank you for your detailed post with the pics. We welcome you to our Community!

I appreciate all the troubleshooting you have done to unlink the watch. We can try again from our end to see if we can unlink it; please send @CommunityHelps a private message. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Guinness
I've been here awhile
I’m having the same issue - what was the outcome?

pinetree
I've been here awhile

FINALLY found a rep who did it all on the back-end.  A colossal waste of time.  Good luck!

Hi @Guinness, welcome to the Community!

If you're having trouble linking/unlinking your Apple watch we can definitely help you with this. You can contact us by sending a private message @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation