cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE not working

robinbogaert
I've been here awhile

LTE is not working, Apple Iphone 11 with contract to Jan 2023! So purchased recently.  I cannot receive or call outside of my home WIFI, cannot text or receive texts, no internet outside of my WIFI (home) area.  Causing security issues for me as I travel for work and also at night.  Been on  tech chat, called tech support to no avail.  Called account services They had a roam tag on my file because prior to 2014 I lived near a border.  I live 3 1/2 hours away from one now and have since 2014.  Still no LTE.  Can anyone help me or do I just need to find a new carrier?

***EDITED LABELS***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: LTE not working

RogersMaude

Good day @robinbogaert,

Thanks for posting about your issue to the Rogers Community. We are happy to have you on board and help you reach a resolution regarding your data transmissions problem.

Since you mentioned having been in touch with our techincal support team, I guess it's safe to assume you've gone through the basic troubleshooting steps, such as resetting the network settings and rebooting your phone. Is that right?

With regards to your data, keep in mind that Rogers Infinite plans let you use a certain amount of data at high speed. Once you use all of the high speed data included in your plan, you can use unlimited data at a reduced speed (up to 512kbps). Could you have potentially used up all your "high speed" data included in your Rogers Infinite plan?

Additionally, are you able to confirm that you're using a recent SIM card compatible with the 5G network? If you're in an urban area, you should be getting access to the best network there is to offer in your neighbourhood.

Let us know if this situation has evolved since you posted. If you're still experiencing issues and you'd like us to investigate further, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system, click here!

RogersMaude

Thank You for your response, I've done all the resets & rebooting & turning off and back on again, several times with Rogers Chat & on the phone etc.  I see no indication of used up data and no indication that I have slow speed data- NO DATA AT ALL OUTSIDE OF MY HOME- NO LTE.  This is what I have been saying.  I was able to use it briefly over the weekend and then not LTE again yesterday & today.  Its affecting my ability to stay safe and travel, communicate for work etc.  I fail to see why I have to upgrade a SIM card because you updated as a company to 5G .  You are forcing your customers to spend more money . My phone is not even 2 years old.  I am thoroughly disgusted and moving on.  I have asked and asked and asked for help and no one has been able to solve my issues.

Hello again @robinbogaert,

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate the additional information.

I'm sorry to hear the network connectivity issue persists; I can only imagine the inconveniences this may cause you.

The reason why I suggested trying another SIM card (which is free of charge at any Rogers store, for future references), is to see whether we can rule out the device, as being the root-cause of the problem, or if we should investigate something at your line/account level. 

Have you tried your current SIM card in a different phone since you started experiencing trouble? I was not encouraging you to spend more money or upgrade your equipment. Our goal here is to find the issue in order to resolve it.

I sincerely apologize for the predicament you find yourself in. The fact that it suddenly started working again over the weekend is something even more puzzling. 

We would hate to see you switch service provider before giving us the opportunity to rectify this. As indicated in my post above, if you would like further assistance, please reach out to us via PM. 

Thanks so much!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation