Disabling Amber alert on iphone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Disabling Amber alert on iphone

@Lurker wrote:
The alert tone is the tone mandated by the Canadian government.

That is certainly true, as is the fact that currently a phone's "do not disturb" doesn't disable an Amber Alert as is possible in other countries.  What many of us are trying to say is that perhaps there is a better approach than mandatory alerts with Klaxon tones.  

This would allow people to be adults and make up their own minds about which alerts they wish to participate in and how/if/when they are warned (or not warned). Is that too much to ask?  Currently we are all treated like children and chastised if we voice opinions that are different from the way things are currently handled.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Given that meteorologists get death threats when they "interrupt my stories" for honest-to-God tornado warnings, and that the cops HAVE TO TELL ADULTS to not call 911, I think you're giving too many people too much credit when you suggest that they can "act like adults."
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I didn't state that all people will act like adults, I stated that we should be allowed to be adults.  As you state, there's always a portion of the population that doesn't act like adults.  Smiley Wink