cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Text Messages

Mirian1
I've been around

I received a text message 26 days late!

This is the worst and has happened occasionally with my other family members sending texts to me. We all have iPhones. This is disturbing as we need to keep in touch about the care of our elderly parent. How do I go about fixing this so 100% of our messages are sent and received?

***Edited Labels***

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Delayed Text Messages

RogersShaun
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mirian1,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for your post. 

I care for an elderly parent too, so I definitely know how important it is to send and receive messages in a timely manner. 

Was the delayed message from one specific contact?  Or have you noticed this happen with other contacts as well?  Also, were the messages received as iMessage or SMS messages? 

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

Text messages not received from 9/22 morning to 9/25 morning

I recently had 2 network issues. 

1. I did not receive text messages sent to me between sometime the morning of 9/22 and the morning of 9/25. 8 messages came in at 6:20am on 9/25. 4 of these were text messages from 2 different users. Another 4 were "missed call notifications" for 3 calls from 9/22 morning (2 different numbers) and one on 9/24 late afternoon.

2. The missed calls on 9/22 morning are puzzling. At that time I was in an area where I have not previously had any problems with coverage. 

I did not receive any other text messages during this period. I believe that what came through morning of 9/25 were all that had been attempted over the 3 days. I did receive two iMessages during this time. 

I was able to send text messages during this time. 3 of the messages that showed up morning of 9/25 were replies to ones that I had sent over the weekend.

I received a couple of phone calls on 9/22 afternoon. So even though there were 3 calls that should have been received 9/22 morning (and I received text notifications of these on 9/25 morning), the phone did receive calls later. I did not have any problem making calls during this period. 

It seems like I had an extended problem receiving text messages, and a sporadic one receiving phone calls. I didn't know I had missed anything until 9/25 morning. I have an iPhone 6.

Any ideas?

Open_Mobile
I plan to stick around

If you go into the phone app and look at Recents, you should be able to tell if there was a gap from the morning of 9/22 to the morning of 9/25.  If that correlates with what you saw, then your phone definitely had connectivity issues.

Did you update your iPhone 6 to iOS 11?  Any chance the update was just prior to this?

Where you stationary in one location during this period?  If you did any travelling, but didn't get any messages, then that would suggest a problem with the phone during that period.  (ie, you changed towers, but still didn't get these messages).

That can happen sometimes, there can be a software or hardware issue with a device and it may need a reset or reboot to get operations back to normal.  

Iphone 8 delayed text messages

Hi,

I have been having issues with sending and receiving SMS messages. Sometimes for over an hour things will not send or receive properly. It did not happen on my iPhone 5, but seems to be happening to those who have an iPhone 8 and use rogers as their provider, only.  Friends with the iPhone 8 that use other providers don't seem to be having issues. This does not happen for iMessage. 

Can you please let me know if there is anything i can do to improve the texting reliability of my phone?

Thanks

Good evening @honsberger1,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Rogers Community!

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to feel like you can't rely on your device for text messages.

I hope you were able to resolve the issue you are experiencing, since you posted.

To help you out further, we'll need more information from you;

• Ever since you noticed you were having trouble sending and receiving text messages, what troubleshooting measures have you tried?
  • Is this only happening with one contact in particular or several different phone numbers?

If you have not already done so, I'd recommend you to reset your networks settings, directly from your device. 

Keep in mind that this will erase some basic information such as Wi-Fi passwords, for example.

RogersMaude

Meggnetic
I've been here awhile
About 1 in 10 texts stays "sending" for at least a week but the text shows as sent immediately, on my bill.
My main problem is the ridiculously, ill-timed delivery of the messages!!!
Canada post is more reliable. Strike, and all.
For example, I sent my ex a text ...I sent it before he was an ex and it says "SENDING"!!!  Please tell me how to intercept theses texts.  

Hello @Meggnetic,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I always prefer to Text Message rather than calling so I can understand how utterly frustrating it must be for you dealing with these delays.

Can you confirm if you were sending the message as a Text Message or as an iMessage? Does this happen with all contacts you are sending messages to or just certain contacts? Are they using iOS or Android or some other type of device?

Any additional information you can provide will help us and the Community understand what is going on and find a solution for you.

We look forward to your response! 😃 

RogersTony

Meggnetic
I've been here awhile

The recipient phones that I have had this problem with are both iphone and Android.

The recipients have never had it happen to them before.

Could you please answer how I can intercept this when it happens?

Screenshot_20181116-154916.jpgScreenshot_20181116-154916.jpg

Good evening @Meggnetic,

Thank you for sharing the screenshots. Have you had a chance to reset the network settings to see if that resolves the issue for you? Depending on the device you have you should be able to do so in the Settings menu. Please be advised that you will have to reenter the Wi-Fi information once you've completed a network reset.

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

Meggnetic
I've been here awhile
Yes, reset.. or CLEARED my home WiFi information; reset fiber optic HS Internet router; enabled and disabled Airplane mode, several times; used only tower signals; restarted phone....
Its obvious that this is an issue.
I have asked for a way to intercept such messages but it hasn't been acknowledged. Days are ticking by and they always eventually send.
Please let me know a way to stop it from sending.
Thank you kindly!!
😣

Thank you for your reply @Meggnetic!

I understand how concerning this must be.

You've mentioned that you've encountered the same problem with more than one recipient. We can rule out the issue originating from the other party.

If you're still experiencing this issue and need assistance, we can definitely have this further investigated. Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that we can proceed forward towards a solution with you.

If you're not familiar with our private messaging process, you can find instructions here.

RogersMaude

Georgette1
I've been here awhile
Hello, i have an iphone XR and i have been having trouble with receiving pictures as text message from both android and iphone users. I receive the pictures a day later. How can i fix this problem?

Hello, @Georgette1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I send a lot of pictures via Text so I can understand how frustrating it must be to experience this delay with your MMS service.

We'll need a bit more information to determine what steps to take to resolve this for you. Please provide us with the answers to the questions below:

• Are you experiencing a delay when using iMessage to other iPhone users or is it specifically Text messages (MMS)? If you are using iMessage, try turning it off temporarily and see if the delay is persistent.
  • Does it seem to be happening with all users who send you an MMS or just certain ones? If it is just certain users, try deleting the conversation history and ask them to send you a picture message to see if there is a delay.
  • Do you notice a delay if you send yourself an MMS?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

Georgette1
I've been here awhile
I just tried sending an MMS to myself and i received it. However, i’ve experienced this delay from 2 users, an iphone and an android user. When i use my data i receive the pictures on time, but when im connected to wifi I receive them the next day. I’ve tried resetting my network settings.

Hello again, @Georgette1

Thanks so much for giving that a try for us. Can you confirm:

• If you are a Rogers home internet subscriber or do you have a different internet provider?
  • Does this issue seem to happen on all Wi-Fi connections or just your home connection?

Looking forward to your reply.

RogersTony

Georgette1
I've been here awhile
I have a rogers wifi provider at home, and it seems to happen everywhere go.

Hello again, @Georgette1

Thank you for confirming that for us.

We will need to investigate this matter further and possibly escalate a Ticket to see if we can find a solution to this for you.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelp so we can gather your info and get started. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 in conversation