Apple Watch LTE Support for Rogers Business

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Apple Watch LTE Support for Rogers Business

Ported to Rogers Business from Koodo only because of apple watch support, otherwise why would i pay more for less data. But after finding out that Rogers so much behind in adopting new technologies. Called telus and got great retention offer. Luckily Telus has no restrictions on Apple watch esim support. 

I've Been Around

Just called rogers customer service and got hung up on twice. Literally the worst customer service possible. Made a huge regrettable decision of switching over from Bell. Now they won't allow me to activate my apple watch on a business plan. It's literally on the same network. How does it make sense that business users don't have the same options as regular comsumers? Enough of this and terrible customer service Rogers. 

Hello, @nguyen56.

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and for posting in the Community. We definitely strive to provide world class customer service experience; getting hung up is certainly disappointing. Please be assured any such incidents are flagged by the system and necessary action is taken. 

Thank you for your interest in Apple Watch LTE for business; please keep an eye on rogers.com/business for updates on our products and services.

Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

I had the same experience. I called twice and was promised an escalation / callback but in both cases the agent just closed my ticket. I never received a follow up or anything.

I have given up. Will move away from Rogers as soon as possible.
I've Been Here Awhile

I am so frustrated.   i had had enough and was done talking about it and was going to switch providers.  i spent 3 hours on the phone with what i had thought was going to be my new provider, most of that time was spent on hold waiting.   Needles to say, i am still with rogers and even more frustrated

I've Been Around

Getting tired of waiting.  How can one company be SO FAR BEHIND another?  It's not like we have a lot of choices in Canada.  Rogers needs to come clean and tell their customers exactly WHEN we can expect wireless for Apple Watch to be available for business accounts - or if they ever will.  Personally, that is all I want - give me a date.  The longer people don't know, the more likely they will leave.  Customers want certainty.  Time to sell my Rogers shares I

@dhiru1211 wrote:

I have 2 lines with Rogers Business and I would like to know if Apple watch LTE will be supported to rogers business too.

If no, when can we expect Apple Watch LTE support for Rogers Business Account holders??

*** Edited Labels ***

guess... lol..

I've Been Around

Do we know when Rogers will take the initiative to increase sales and customer satisfaction by allowing business accounts to finace Apple watch. Consumers are being advised dates it will become available to business account holders, but continue to be disappointed. A set date would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @LorreleaJill99,

We welcome you to the Community Forums and great first post! We definitely understand where you and our other business customers are coming from. Having this option available would definitely be a nice plus! 🙂

We always try to offer our customers the best value with competitive wireless plans, as well as a great selection of phones and accessories.

At this time, we are unable to provide the Apple Watch for business

customers, but hope to provide this product for our customers in the future. We expect a lot of excitement around the new iPhone models and that is what we are focusing on.

With this being said, you can buy any Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular), both the cellular and non-cellular version and bring it to Rogers. You’ll be able to pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. For non-cellular devices, they need to be in close range to each other in order to work (Apple Phone and Apple Watch).

Keep an eye on rogers.com/business for updates on our products and services. If we hear of any changes, we will be sure to post the details here in the Community!

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

I've Been Around

I think that is an unhelpful response. It would seem obvious that Rogers is not "unable" to support Apple Watch on LTE since it is offered to Personal rather than Business customers. There is no indication of why it is not offered yet or when/if it will be. Finally, the suggestion that we can still buy the Apple Watch with cellular - we just cannot use the cellular function - is particularly unhelpful.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DrMikeC

I understand where you’re coming from. Truth of the matter is that no one, outside of a very few higher up decision makers at Rogers, knows why business users aren’t being supported nor if they ever will be. If that ever happens, I think it will be a very short turnaround time from announcement to support (similar to when Rogers started supporting the Apple Watch for consumer accounts).