cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch 7 Series Cellular Issue

NdeMello
I've been around

I received an Apple Watch 7 series with cellular as a gift. I contacted Rogers to have it added to my data plan. A phone number was assigned to it but when I go into the Watch App on my phone I cannot sign in to Rogers to finish setting up the cellular feature. I have been dealing with this for well over a month and have had spoken to multiple technicians and have had multiple tickets opened. Have tried factory resetting the watch, have removed the SIM card from my phone and have turned both devices off and on. Nothing has worked! Technician that I spoke to this evening has told me to “give up”. That doesn’t seem like a viable option. Hoping someone can help!!!

***Edited Labels***

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Apple Watch 7 Series Cellular Issue

RogersZia

Good evening @NdeMello,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

You've come to the right place! We'll be happy to help you set up your new Apple Watch. Can you please confirm if you see an error message during the activation process. If yes, may I know what the error message is?

We may need to take a closer look into your account to see what may be causing an issue. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance. You can learn more about our PM system here.

RogersZia

Marjorie12
I've been here awhile

Hello Rogers
I am not able to log in into my rogers account to set up the cellular feature on my apple watch. Tried calling tech literally 16 times opened multiple incident tickets to escalate. Nothing is resolved. Rebooted watch and iPhone, reset factory settings 10 times nothing. No one reached me. When i add cellular to my watch app, i’m redirected to Rogers Page, put in my CORRECT USERNAME and password and it just WONT LOG ME IN. Please help me set this up so i can use my cellular data on my apple watch with you guys.

Good evening @Marjorie12,

Welcome to the Community!

You've come to the right place, we'll try our best to resolve the issue for you. Are you able to log into MyRogers via the app without any issues? If not, do you get an error message when you try to log in?

Typically tickets can take a few days to be actioned, were you advised of a time frame by tech support? Have you reach out to tech support since you last posted here?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

alexgr22
I've been here awhile

Hello, 

I’m having the exact same issue as the user above and I am able to log into MyRogers via the app without ay issues.

Thank you,

Alex

Greetings @alexgr22,

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

We’re sorry to hear about the issue with your Apple Watch. We'd be happy to assist you with this.

Can you confirm what error message you’re getting with the activation process? Have you reached out to our technical support teams? If yes, what was the outcome?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersRahul

alexgr22
I've been here awhile
Hello,

There was no error message per say but it would not allow me to log into my Rogers account through the Watch app.

I did reach out to the technical support team and the issue was rectified.

Thank you,

Alex

skydivertak
I'm here a lot

I am having the same issues on my Series 3 (paired with an iPhone 8). I was getting an error that the Carrier update could not be installed. I had wiped the watch, keeping the cellular and it gave me the same issue. So I wiped it and started as "new".

Now when I go to try to activate, I go to login, but after I tap the login, it simply changes from Red to white and does nothing. I can login with no issues on the MyRogers app or in Safari.

Good day @skydivertak,

Thank you for your post! We most definitely want to help you resolve the issue preventing you from successfully activating your Apple Watch. To do so, I do have a few questions for you:

Do you already have an active Apple Watch line on your account that could link your actual iPhone with a previous watch, for example?

If so, unlink your existing Apple Watch by following these instructions. Then, pair your iPhone to your new Apple Watch using Bluetooth. Finally link your existing smartwatch plan to your new Apple Watch by following these instructions.

Once you've made sure your Apple Watch is paired and linked to your iPhone, follow these steps:

1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap Cellular and then tap Set Up Cellular to get started.
  2. Sign in with the MyRogers account that your iPhone is on.
  3. Add your smartwatch to your Rogers plan or get a new plan for your smartwatch.
  4. Review your smartwatch plan and tap Continue.
  5. Review and agree to the terms and conditions.
  6. Add a 9-1-1 emergency address.

Are you able to let us know what step do you successfully get to or at which step of the activation process you get the "Carrier Update" error message?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

I have been using my Series 3 Cellular with Rogers for years.

I finally discovered the problem, it's with the JavaScript code on the form.

If you autofill the e-mail and password from a password manager, it doesn't seem to accept the password. It appears like you are submitting, but it apparently is not.

The solution is to either manually type in the password, OR type in a space or other character at the end of the password, then backspace to delete it. This seems to properly set the jQuery (or whatever code is being used) in order to properly submit the form.

taliazenlea
I've been here awhile

Same exact thing has happened to me. I have been sent to the Roger's store multiple times by tech support and customer service, only to have the store tell me I need to call customer service or tech support. I have upgraded my sim at their direction, purchased an e-sim at their direction, spent literally hours over the past 2 months with roger's not only with no resolution, but where I am told totally opposite things nad sent on wild goose chases. It has become a part time job. Nobody at Roger's will take ownership. I have asked this matter to be escalated to the office of the president, and will take the outcome to the press. 

taliazenlea
I've been here awhile

And then I will switch this last remaining Rogers service over to Bell.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 in conversation