Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Not really limiting. It just depends on what your needs are. But Apple Pay is definitely an added convenience.
I Plan to Stick Around

The Apple Pay fees are standard across the board. Same fee applies to everyone.

As far as rewards I have a number of cards that offer better overall rewards than Rogers depending on where I’m spending.

Keep in mind the 4% on f/x transactions was added because now they charge an f/x fee as part of the transaction now. So it’s not 4% it’s closer to 1.5% actually.

Scotiabank AMEX Card is 5% groceries, entertainment and restaurants, Uber eats and such . 3% on gas and on things like Netflix and transit. 1% on everything else and they don’t charge me an f/x service fee.

Like I said before if Rogers says it’s costs then it’s bogus. Even more so as the World Elite is a premium card that comes with higher merchant interchange fees....they aren’t losing money on their credit Card if they are then they are seriously doing something wrong.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@2193973 wrote:
1. As far as rewards I have a number of cards that offer better overall rewards than Rogers depending on where I’m spending.

2. Keep in mind the 4% on f/x transactions was added because now they charge an f/x fee as part of the transaction now. So it’s not 4% it’s closer to 1.5% actually.

3. Scotiabank AMEX Card is 5% groceries, entertainment and restaurants, Uber eats and such . 3% on gas and on things like Netflix and transit. 1% on everything else and they don’t charge me an f/x service fee.

4. they aren’t losing money on their credit Card if they are then they are seriously doing something wrong.

1.  There are cards that may offer better (limited) individual rewards, however, none offer better overall rewards.

2. Correct, but most cards are -2.5% (charge 2.5% on ForEx), so the delta to most cards is still 4%.

3. Again, individual examples.  If you don't get charged for ForEx with that card, you're still 1.5% less than Rogers.

4. Of course they're not losing money.  I just intimated that their margins may be tighter than some other cards in light of the rebates offered.

I've Been Around

This thread is over three years old and there's still no Apple Pay or mobile app

I got my Rogers MasterCard last month and was surprised to find that it did not support Apple Pay nor does it have a mobile app (although their website says it has mobile friendly website -- but that's not the same convenience as an app IMO). How many requests does Rogers need to get on board with these now-standard features for a credit card?

I've Been Around

Please make this a thing. It’s odd that you retail cell phones and don’t support their feature