Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Hello @pmseguin752

All models below are the 32GB version and the Galaxy S7 comes in Black or Silver, while the Galaxy S7 edge is only available in Black.

So only the 32GB model is coming to Canada since it has a SD card slot and it seems only black will be for the edge
I Plan to Stick Around

@gemini002

doubt it... the pricing on the s6 and note 5 were similar... you can blame the weak Canadian dollar
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jeneric28

That could be true but remember they are also giving away a free Gear VR headset too so maybe to compasate the price of that? Bell CEO did say that he was afraid that the devices will sell more expensive this year. He was right.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

wow that's BS.... i REALLY hate that we can't get any other colour options up here...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jeneric28

Yeah i was looking around and asked my Samsung rep and he let me know of this as well. It seems they have agreements for only the 32GB and only those colors and will launch other colors later on but won't give me a date yet.
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung is giving away the Gear VR not rogers got nothing to do with price..Also S7 is on front page but still can't reserve and no price.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gemini002

While that is true, its also losing money from Samsung side so they might add another $100 ontop of whatever price it was before to recupe some of the lost funds due to them giving them away with the phone. Rogers doesn't make the prices if it's a agreement set. If all the carriers have the same price, it means it comes straight from Samsung. It's also majority of the Canadian dollar the way it is that's causing the spike of the price.

Also that is correct. I posted this on Facebook as well. It seems they added it on the front page but nothing on the reservation list.
I Plan to Stick Around

Do we know when reservation will start?

And just wanted to say, 499$ is ridiculous for a on-contract device. This isn't an apple device! Lol
I've Been Around

I may be a bit early (it is 7:16 AM) but the advertising is already on the website and says that it is ready to reserve but when you get to the reservation page you can only select the ipad pro or the iphone 6s.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @enigma4321

Unfortunately no. It seems to be random so it will start whenever they upload the phones into the system and turn it on in the reservation system.

Yeah believe me i know. I may not end up getting this device due to the price it's at.