cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S20/20+/Ultra Reservation / Questions

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

Hello everyone, 

It's been awhile since I last pre-ordered a device (I last pre-ordered my current S8+ in 2017) and my memory is hazy. 

Can anyone here tell me when the S20 will available for pre-order? I know Telus is opening their pre-orders on the 11th but I have yet to hear anything about Rogers. 

***Added Labels***

169 REPLIES 169

Re: Samsung Galaxy S20/20+/Ultra Reservation / Questions

Androidfanboy
I plan to stick around
If you reserved by activating online and NOT via the reservation system,you don't know until your device ships.

Catalyph
I'm here a lot

I was number 151 when I got my email on Friday, now im 147....

. , where is my S20 Ultra..??

nitingaba
I plan to stick around

Galaxy S20 with eSIM

So I have spoken to multiple Rogers stores as well as somebody at the Rogers call center who have all told me that the Esim works for the Galaxy S20 series with Rogers and that all I need to do is go into a store to activate. Yesterday I went into a store and the person also confirmed it should work but when he tried to do it, it would not work. There do not seem to be any Rogers S20 specific instructions online for this. Anybody else had any luck? 

I'd love to see where I am in the queue... I don't have the link. Can someone send the link?

spegs
I plan to stick around

We can't send you a link as it is specific to you. It is in your confirmation email that you got for your device reservation. At the very bottom there is a line that says "you can check the status by clicking here."

spegs
I plan to stick around
It should also be noted that it's not just Rogers experiencing the problem. There is this post on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/freedommobile/comments/fejaxp/s20_ultra_preorder_delayed/
which is specific to Freedom, but people on their are chiming in saying they ordered from Samsung and are also experiencing delays, as well as people from other carriers. It seems it is specific to the Ultra, as most shops have the s20/+ available. Probably shipping delays due to Covid-19.

comcry
I plan to stick around
I ordered from Samsung (pickup) and I was able to get my phone on launch date - I even changed the color on the day of pick up. And I love it!!! Waiting sucks but having zero information is just not fair!! I hope you all get some information soon and your phone shortly thereafter! IMO it is worth the wait!! Especially if coming from an older model! Good luck everyone!

Androidfanboy
I plan to stick around
Every model was avail except for the ultras.

Androidfanboy
I plan to stick around
Everyone is reporting the delay of the ultras across ALL forums and all carriers incl BESTBUY is delayed.

Good day @nitingaba,

Thanks for your post! I completely understand your desire to activate the eSIM function on your brand new S20!

At this time, the only SIM card format compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S20 is the nano SIM. I'm very sorry about the different information you obtained previously.

Find more information on the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G page of our website, under "Connectivity".

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Blaming it on COVID-19 makes no sense, unless the S20/S20+ are being manufactured in a different location than the S20 Ultra

SunnyHari0
I plan to stick around
Man you guys replied to that question now also tell us when is my s20 ultra shipping..? CS rep told me that the phone is packed and we are waiting for UPS to pick it. Not once but they told me the same thing twice and now yesterday they said we don't know..come on what that is not nice. Some kind of transparency would be nice.

Androidfanboy
I plan to stick around
Samsung store in Metrotown mall has both versions colors and capacities s20 ultra but couldn't honour the buds promo as that's over. Should have reserved at the Samsung store.

Wartoothm
I've been here awhile

Worst experience ever.

Preordered after seeing an ad for free ear buds,   called 3 times before clicking confirm to make sure I'd get them.

All 3 reps said yes.   Clicked confirm, called back to make sure it went through, got told I preordered too late to receive free ear buds,   figured whatever I'll still go through with it.

Now all this delay, being told every other thing from Rogers reps,  they can't answer a question straight in their own forums.       
Considering I've been with Rogers for nearly 16 years, with TV, Internet, and 2 cell phones activated, never a late payment, etc and I get absolutely nothing, no discount, no gift card, not even a simple answer to when my device will ship, I'm considering switching to Telus or Bell ASAP.       

Tired of being treated like I did something wrong by these miserable call center reps.

Rogers Maude, if you can see and reply to questions about the sim, why can't you or anyone else from Rogers give us some sort of update or information about why the S20 Ultra is delayed?

SunnyHari0
I plan to stick around
Same here buddy i am thinking of switching to bell. Bell was offering a 10$ cheaper plan with s20 ultra than what rogers is offering bcoz i have bell internet but rogers said i will be getting the device within 3-5 business days for sure if i pre order it and now i cant even get a straight answer from them. Man i m gonna wait for 2 more days after that i will be switching to bell.

Sounds like a plan... Obviously Rogers is monitoring this message board but can't be bothered to give us a straight answer... That's just bad customer service. Even if you have to give bad news, you should still be straight up with your customers. Now, come on Rogers... If you have bad news or good news, just let us have it... We are all big boys and girls and can handle it!

SunnyHari0
I plan to stick around
Exactly dude at least let us know..not knowing is frustrating the customers even more. Who choose this strategy should be fired immediately because clearly it is not working. To rogers Man up guys and put some info. you guys are on the verge of loosing lot of customers.

viewaskew
I'm here a lot
Hey everyone!
I just got my "order has been shipped" email.
Just prior to that I received all the contract changes etc.
Apparently the Bud+ are in there too.
Hopefully everyone is getting their emails today.
(I'm north-east of Toronto. In case that means anything. Pre-ordered online March 2nd).

spegs
I plan to stick around

Does anyone know what the device reservation number actually means? Is that the number out of pre orders for your store you chose? Your city? The province? The country? 

SunnyHari0
I plan to stick around
I just got my new contract papers with imei number and all the billing details just waiting for the ups tracking number..? Does rogers or UPS sends the tracking number
Topic Stats