cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS with S9 Plus does not work

goedhard
I plan to stick around

RCS does not work with my Samsung S9 plus that came from Rogers. Even though the S9 line fully supports RCS on other carriers (bell, at&t, etc) even on Samsung's native app. So what gives Roger's. It worked fine on my Pixel. Why is Roger's holding back?

***Edited Labels***

8 REPLIES 8

Re: RCS with S9 Plus does not work

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @goedhard!

Thanks so much for checking in with this! RCS is super useful so I can appreciate wanting to ensure it's working on your device! 

I've seen reports of users on Rogers with S9 having RCS working. Can you confirm for me if you're messenger app is currently up to date?

Also, it's possible you may need to uninstall carrier services update and re-register RCS if it isn't working.

Let us know how that goes!

@RogersAndy

daniel10
I plan to stick around
Ugh @RogersAndy unless you guys have changed it in your back end RCS does NOT work for Samsung messages, currently the only way to have RCS is to download android messages and use that. Roger's only supports that and NOT the native Samsung messages. Bell supports samsung messages though so hopefully Roger's can catch up!

goedhard
I plan to stick around
Carrier Services is not installed. Both me and my friend are not connected with RCS and he has an S9. We tried with Samsung's native messenger and Google's messenger and it still doesn't work

daniel10
I plan to stick around
Roger's does NOT Support Samsung messages and RCS they only support android messages

goedhard
I plan to stick around

With the new Google Messages 4.3 coming out, Google implemented a feature to actually see if RCS is connected or not. https://photos.app.goo.gl/9ZDy69a8whnLfzkg7

So now I can verify if it's working or not.

pp1111
I plan to stick around

My S9 also doesn't work, always Status Setting up... Trying to verify (604)....

Tried many methods but no help.

Using latest Google Message app already

My other phones with Rogers or other carriers connected within a minute.

Can anyone help that I should ask Rogers or Google's kelp?

Many thanks.

Good evening @pp1111,

I realize how convenient the RCS feature is. Are you on the most updated OS? You may need to uninstall carrier services update and re-register RCS if it isn't working.

Can you please check the settings under Chat features as mentioned in this post.

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

pp1111
I plan to stick around
Hi Zia,

thanks very much for your reply.
Corey helped me this morning and everything works fine now including Samsung Messages chat. 🙂
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation