cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS not working on both wifi and data

Joshie7733
I've been around

Contacted support at 950pm Dec 12. We tried to figure it out but haven't made it very far. Last I heard my request was going to network. Is there anything I can try?

We did do airplane mode, disabling and re-enable chat features, restart the phone, checked for updates, and a bunch more. The status says connecting but doesn't do anything. Not sure how long it's been doing it for

**Added Labels**

8 REPLIES 8

Re: RCS not working on both wifi and data

Paulstewart
I'm here a lot
I have been having the same issue

Paulstewart
I'm here a lot
I'm talked to a csr at Rogers named Arbiola who was also unable to resolve the issue.

Greetings @Paulstewart!

I'd be happy to look into this and troubleshoot with you.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

ulricr
I've been here awhile

RCS has stopped working for me on the 12th also. I rebooted my phone several times to try to get it back. It's not working.   Anyone got it fixed?  Don't want want to use another text messing app, the default one on the Samsung S9 worked fine

It seems to be working for me now.

ulricr
I've been here awhile

it just fixed itself?  Which phone and text message app do you use?

Seems to have resolved on its own. Samsung s20 using messages

ulricr
I've been here awhile

FYI, I've installed Google Messages on my S9, replacing Samsung's default text message app, and it's more more obvious that it periodically goes down because you can't send and won't be receiving text. It'll show as being  stuck at "Connecting..." in the settings.  I can get RCS back by turning off and back on the Chat Features there. 

It was fine for the last two weeks, but now it's gone down for two days in a row. The main problem is that you can't tell when it's broken, because you simply won't be receiving messages.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation