cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Way Voice Issues on Cell

PSmith
I've been here awhile

Why do my calls sound like old fashioned "party lines"? I have phoned tech support twice now, and the issues are getting worse! Both my husband and I are experiencing more times when we cannot make or receive phone calls. Text messages are slow to send sometimes. Both times I called tech support, my phone was re-set, and the signal was re-sent... 

The latest issue is that if I can actually get a call to go through, the person I'm calling can't hear me, but I can hear them, but there's also some other people having full out conversations on the line... It's like I'm listening in on someone else's call... WHAT IS GOING ON????

We live in Muskoka... we are locals here... I have no idea if the many new people who have recently moved here to get away from Covid in the city are experiencing the same problems... but this is unacceptable!

I am suspicious that the email from Rogers saying that the problem is fixed is just an auto-generated email... it's . . Wait 2 days, then send the customer an email to say it's fixed... NO!!! IT'S NOT FIXED!!!!

Seriously considering switching back to Telus if this contiunes....

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: One Way Voice Issues on Cell

RogersZia

Good evening @PSmith,

Welcome to the Community!

I appreciate the details you've shared with us. I realize how inconvenient this issue must be. To best assist you, can you please answer the following questions:

1) What devices are you and your husband using?

2) Have you made any recent changes to your service?

3) Is this issue specific to a certain location? Is it specific to indoors or outdoors?

4) Have you tried to reset the Network settings within your phones? (This is different from rebooting your phone and tech support resending the signal)

5) Do you have any alternate mobile devices to test your SIM cards in?

Looking forward to hearing from you :).

RogersZia

PSmith
I've been here awhile
1. Moto G8 Play and Moto G8 Power
2. No.
3. No.
4. Yes. Tech support walked me through that process on my device, and also on my husband's device.
5. No.

Thank you for clarifying.

I'd like to gather your account information so that I can review the history of this issue before I offer any further solutions.

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation