cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can hear callers, callers can't hear me? Google Pixle 5

stevie83
I'm here a lot

Hello.

So I ran into an issue a couple days ago with my Google Pixle 5 which I've gotten a few months ago. I hope somebody can shed light on the issue.

Twice in a couple days, I've had a call from the same number but they could barely understand me. I was told one of them checked their connection but it wasn't it. Just earlier today, I called someone and they couldn't hear me very well either. I just got a call a few minutes ago but the issue seems to persist. I've reset my device earlier today which evidently didn't work. The person I called said they could hear only every second word or so.

I've checked the settings I could think of to see if I could find anything that was misconfigured but found nothing.

I find it weird that I can hear them fine (the people who call me), but they can't really hear me very well. If anyone can suggest something I can check, that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

***Added Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I can hear callers, callers can't hear me? Google Pixle 5

RogersYasmine

Hello @stevie83!

Thanks for sharing your issue with us! It can be difficult to have a productive conversation when the person on the other end cannot quite hear what you are saying...I'd be concerned as well! I'd just like to clarify a few things with you, if you don't mind:

1. Are you noticing any issues with any other services like your mobile data, WiFi, or text messaging?

2. Where are you located when this issue occurs? (A certain area of your home, outside your home, at work, etc.)

3. Did you recently move to a new area around the time this issue began?

4. You mentioned that you just received your device 2 months ago...when did this issue first begin?

I look forward to your reply so we can help get to the bottom of this! 🙂

RogersLaura

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Try a recording app of some sort, even take a video, and talk, if not that could mean a hardware problem on the phone.

1. No, I am not having any more issues (wifi, mobile data,  etc.

2. No particular location. Happened both at home and outside.

3. No new location.

4. The first time I noticed it happening was only a few days ago.

I've also tried to reset my device but still had issues when somebody called yesterday (reset my device hours earlier).

Also, I did record a clip with no issues.

@stevie83 thank you for the info. Have you noticed if this issue is specific to certain contacts? Or is it happening on all calls?

Have you tried resetting the Network settings to see if it resolves the issue for you? You can do so under Settings >> System >> Advanced >> Reset options >> Reset mobile, WIFI, bluetooth

Just as an FYI, resetting the network settings will erase saved Wi-Fi passwords.

Please let us know if this works.

RogersZia

It happened to 2 people using the same number (work-related), then I called my mom a day later to test, then a day after that got another call.

I'll reset the Network Settings and see if that works. I will let you know.

I seemed to have fixed it after a hard factory reset.

I did have issues as well this past week, but did  a hard factory reset this morning. I called someone after that and said I must have fixed it.

Seems fine for now, but if I come across any more issues I know where to go.

Thanks.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation