cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Move from Internal Data to SD Card on S20

jimy
I plan to stick around

just got an s20 from Roger's.. all the YouTube and Google answers say there should be a command to move apps from internal my sd card.. but when I try there is no option to do so..
I have photos and my podcasts going directly to sd card..but moving or setting as default apps to sd card is what I can't do.

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to Move from Internal Data to SD Card on S20

RussellA
I plan to stick around

I had the exact same issue with a Samsung tablet.  It seems SD cards must have an application-class rating to support moving applications onto the card.  Check the ratings on the card, and it should have an A1 or A2 rating.  If not, it might not be rated for having applications run on the card.

I purchased a newer 4K video-rated SD card, and the option to move applications onto the card appeared.  For more information, this seems to explain it:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/all-about-sd-cards/td-p/1439486#:~:text=As%20t...

Re: How to Move from Internal Data to SD Card on S20

jimy
I plan to stick around

No issue with card..as I can save photos..podcasts etc to sd card..

I later called samsung Canada.. and they told me it wasn't an option for my phone model .why? Who knows..just like I also can't schedule a text message..yet my old s6 can..

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation