cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel weak signals, dropped calls

itsgettinglate
I've been here awhile

I recently switched from an iPhones 6s to the Pixel and have a terrible time keeping a data signal that isn't WiFi , every other phone I've had has had decent reception inside my house but the Pixel is almost unusable for mobile data or voice calls. I'm wondering if there's anything I need to change in settings or if a new sim card would do anything? Ive tried different APN settings and have reset the phone to factory but still have terrible connection. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

*** Added Labels ***  

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Google Pixel weak signals, dropped calls

RogersTony

Hello @itsgettinglate,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Poor reception causing dropped calls is never fun to deal with especially since you had no issues with your previous devices.

Do you only notice poor reception inside of your home? Or are there issues pretty much all the time? Is it worse in certain areas of your home compared to others?

Keep us posted! We have a lot of Pixel users in the Community so feel free to chime in if you've experienced similar reception issues with the Google Pixel.

RogersTony

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@itsgettinglate wrote:

I recently switched from an iPhones 6s to the Pixel and have a terrible time keeping a data signal that isn't WiFi , every other phone I've had has had decent reception inside my house but the Pixel is almost unusable for mobile data or voice calls. I'm wondering if there's anything I need to change in settings or if a new sim card would do anything? Ive tried different APN settings and have reset the phone to factory but still have terrible connection. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

*** Added Labels ***  

Where did you get the Pixel from? If you purchased it new from a store, I would do a swap. Also ensure the phone is running the latest firmware, you could also do a factory reset. There shouldn't be any need to change the default settings to get good reception. 

I am experiencing the same problems with Pixel 3XL . Rogers had to downgrade services from LTE to resolve the issue with original Pixel XL. I wonder if the issue still remains.

Good evening @JustAnotherJoe,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thank you for your post.

Experiencing issues with drop calls can certainly cause some inconveniences.

While I hope this is now resolved, to further assist you we'll need some more information:

When did you first notice the weak signal problem?

What troubleshooting did you go through since noticing this issue?

We most definitely want to help you in getting this sorted.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

@JustAnotherJoe wrote:
I am experiencing the same problems with Pixel 3XL . Rogers had to downgrade services from LTE to resolve the issue with original Pixel XL. I wonder if the issue still remains.

There is a huge thread on the official Google Pixel forums about call issues on the new Pixel 3 and XL. Sometimes calls take 20 seconds to connect, sometimes people cannot hear you when you're on the call, and sometimes there is a static interference noise coming through the ear piece speaker. 

Between the iPhone XS and XS Max reception issues, and the Pixel 3 and XL call quality issues I'm glad I hanged onto my iPhone 8 Plus and didn't upgrade this year. 

Melissa14
I've been around

I have the same problem with the Pixel XL2.  It's not just inside my house but also outside, the phone will lose all connection and come back up a few minutes later.  I've had the phone for over a year and it's recently started dropping calls within the last few months.  Is there anything that can be done about this problem?

RogersMaude

Good evening @Melissa14 

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your post!

Network connection issues are quite a pain to deal with especially when they result in dropped calls.

Could you elaborate on the troubleshooting steps you've gone through since noticing this issue?

You may want to boot to safe mode and reset the network settings if you have not yet done so.

Is the Pixel device directly from Rogers or you bought an unlocked version of the phone?

We certainly want to assist you in reaching a resolution.

We therefore look forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

autotelic
I've been around

I have the Google Pixel 2XL and have this issue as well.  Can't wait to leave Rogers.

Hello @autotelic

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your very first post with us! 🙂 I can understand the importance of ensuring you stay connected, especially during these times. We'd love for you to stay! 

Do you happen to notice how many bars you have in terms of signal strength when you experience weak signals? How often does this happen? Where are you located when this occurs? Since this issue started, have you had the chance to connect with us for any troubleshooting?

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

RogersJo 

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 in conversation