cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel Watch LTE Support

winterrob
I've been around

When will Rogers support the Google Pixel Watch LTE? Google currently only lists Bell and Telus as supporting the new watch.

*** Edited Labels ***

61 REPLIES 61

Re: Google Pixel Watch LTE Support

I'm probably going to go ahead and cancel too. I had issues with Bel so it sounds like you dodged a bullet there anyway. My galaxy watch 4 classic had to be returned via extended buyers remorse because they couldn't figure out why my watch refused to connect to mobile. Probably spent 15 hours on the phone combined, submitting ticket after ticket.

Seeing all of the issues with Galaxy watches and rogers, which they apparently somehow support despite not actually listing it on their website, I'm pretty well done. Support Apple but refuse to give other smart watches the same treatment is inexcusable combined with some of the most expensive plans.

Thanks, Rogers. It hasn't been nice. The only question now is the best method of canceling so I don't owe extra money / have to wait for a cheque in the mail. Should I cancel the day before my next bill date? I've never canceled mid contract before.

thanks

I understand, I've been with Rogers for a long time myself and never cancelled any carrier mid-contract, but I was told I will get a final bill from Rogers with the remainder of my pixel 6 financing.  It's really a shame, as I even told the Rogers employee that I did not want to cancel my service but they didn't even try to fight for my business or anything. More of a ok bye thanks don't let the door hit you on the way out!  

cocomieux
I've been around

I bought the Pixel Watch from Google directly. When I called Rogers to get it set up, they told me to go in store. The folks in store really tried but couldn't get it to work. Within the Pixel Watch app, when you click on "Mobility network" and then "setup", nothing happens. So you can't do the set up : ( They had no idea if or when it would be supported. But right now it is a no. 

vivekvp
I plan to stick around

After the July 8th 2022 and April 2021 outages I was hoping Rogers would do better for clients.

Rogers, please resolve this issue with the Pixel Watch.  It seems Bell has done this.

Take care of your clients.

Thanks

amaurro
I've been around
Rogers, any update on this? Many of us are patiently waiting to hear from you on this thread.

I spoke to a supervisor about this and they told me that it requires a system "build" and because of what they're paying for Shaw they won't be doing any new builds. Looks like Pixel Watch users are out of luck.

JamesBee
I plan to stick around
I just switched to Rogers from Telus and I wish I knew this before I switched. I have a Pixel watch LTE which was working fine on Telus but Rogers doesn't support it. I just took it for granted that one of the biggest companies in Canada would be able to get this working if Telus was able to. I'll give them a few months and if it's still not working I'll just switch to Bell. Very unfortunate.

JamesBee
I plan to stick around

Since the Pixel watch has launched Android watches are finally thriving. What's the ETA on Rogers supporting the Pixel watch and other LTE watches from Samsung, Fossil etc?

JamesBee
I plan to stick around
I've reactivated my Telus line for my own phone as being without the watch for LTE was becoming frustrating. I look forward to when Rogers actively supports this. It's kind of crazy how the biggest telecom provider in Canada still doesn't have this support while Bell and Telus do and from launch no less.

Correct, getting really annoyed.

ngpetts
I'm here a lot

I've chatted with both Samsung & Pixel and I'm very disappointed that they will not work on Rogers.

Only Telus and Bell.  Both are almost twice the cost of what I'm paying Rogers.  Not a happy camper.

Not according to Samsung as of today.

ngpetts
I'm here a lot

Is there a charge to switch carriers?  Other than the other carriers being more expensive I mean.  Does Rogers charge for changing to another carrier?

I had a pay as you go plan for years and finally signed up this year.  I tried to see when my contract is up and can't find that info on my account page.

JamesBee
I plan to stick around
There's no charge to switch carriers. If you have a device balance owing then you would have to pay that along with if you signed up for a discount up front that would be due at the end of your term if you used the upfront edge service. You would also have to pay for any service you used from the billing cycle date to when you port your number out. You may have to pay an activation fee with the new carrier you choose. Keep in mind this would apply to both your phone line and watch which with Telus for example would be $50 per line so $100 total for the phone and watch.

I had the same issue

mcyr
I've been around

hi Rogers team please add support for the Pixel Watch LTE. I've been holding off on getting the watch since it's not supported by Rogers in Canada. 

JamesBee
I plan to stick around
Any updates on support for this yet? It's been almost a year.

entangled
I've been here awhile

In this day and age, support for virtually all mainstream products should be a no-brainer.

Unfortunately, carriers care more about acquiring new customers than customer retention (especially long time, loyal ones like myself.)

Looks like I'll be moving to Telus (hate Bell with a passion) no matter what the cost/penalty. And while not under my name/account, I also control our cable, home phone, and other lines. All will be moved.

Ridiculous.

I've been around

Just used rogers chat to ask the question, and was told the google LTE watch can be added to existing cell plan for $15/month.

Topic Stats