cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Likewize not providing screen repair on Pixel phones but "similar replacement devices" that are "backordered"

kiminkingston
I've been here awhile

I have a Google Pixel 8 Pro that has a crack under the screen protector and is working order.  I was able to find that there was more than one walk in repair at a Google authorized shop in my town.  I contacted Likewize and was advised that mail in repair only was available for my device across Ontario.  I was then told that my device needed to be replaced and was on backorder.  I have escalated this throught the Roger's President Office as well as Likewize.

In the end, Likewize has informed me that they do not offer screen repairs for my device but only replacement with a "similar refurbished device".    Interestingly, the Likewize representative stated that since my phone" was an older model, I may receive an upgrade.  It is a Pixel 8 Pro, there is no newer model!  They do not repair phones but provide "similar refurbished devices" which in my case are on "backorder".

I did ask, it they knew that they did not repair my device why I was not advised of this when purchasing the DPP, along with why I had to go through the charade of mailing my device in and 7 days (5 business days) for them to inform me that they would supply a (similar) replacement device (that was on backorder).  The answer was to the effect of we don't have to tell you that.

I have a contract that enables me to own the phone at the end, I do not wish a refurbished "similar" phone just because I have a cracked screen.  I am having the phone returned to me and I will self-fund the repair.

Forget that I have had to purchase a second device to enable me to work for the past 9 days since they received my device for a 45 minute walk in repair.  Many individuals no longer have a landline and rely on their phone as there only means for communication including safety and work.  To initiate an eSim through Rogers one requires another working phone which is not available if one's phone has to be mailed in.  

DO NOT CONTRACT TO HAVE A PHONE THROUGH ROGERS!  There is no other option for insurance and this insurance is not as advertised when speaking with a Rogers  team member, or as depicted on the Rogers or Likewize web pages.  I hold Rogers responsible, as it is Rogers who sells this DPP, advertises it on their website, offers no alternative, collects the payment and requires login to their site to communicate with Likewize.  

**Labels Added**

1 REPLY 1

Re: Likewize not providing screen repair on Pixel phones but "similar replacement devices" that a...

RogersZia

Good afternoon @kiminkingston 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I appreciate the details you've shared and realize how inconvenient this experience has been for you. I see you were in touch with us via PM and we're happy to continue the conversation with you on there.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation