cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sim S23

XB70
I'm here a lot

On my S23 ultra with an Esim and a physical sim (Esim is personal, physical is work), I cannot receive images or hyperlinks on my physical sim number. I get a pop up telling me to go to settings and switch from Rogers to Rogers, but the setting tab just takes me to the settings top menu. Any ideas on how to enable this to work with both numbers?

***Edited Labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Dual sim S23

RogersJermaine

Greetings @XB70,

Thank you for your post here on the Rogers Community Forums! The S23 Ultra is a great phone! I just recently upgraded to the Z Fold 4 myself.

You mentioned that this issue is only happening on the physical sim that you use for work. 
Are both lines setup under a Rogers plan? 
Have you always had this issue with not being able to receive Multimedia Messages and web links or did it just recently start?  
Are you having any issues sending images and hyperlinks?

We do have the device tutorial on configuring the settings located here. Please let us know if those steps help or if you can provide us with some more information and we can further investigate this for you.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersJermaine

I did notice in my original post I mis-typed the issue is with an S22 Ultra, not a S23 ultra (not sure if that changes anything).

It is not a new thing, it has been doing it since I got the phone.

One thing I noticed for the physical and Esim the Rogers profiles are both locked and I cannot edit them or create new profiles. Also the MNC for not is default set at 720 (tutorial says 370).

Both my work and personal sims are through Rogers.

Hello @XB70,

Thank you for the detailed information! Have you purchased the device from Rogers?  Are you having any issues sending images and hyperlinks? 

Also, have you tried taking the sim card out and inserting it back?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
RogersRahul

Thanks for the response.
Yes I purchased the device from a local Rogers wireless store.

Everything works properly using my eSim number. The physical sim will only receive texts, and phone calls. Anything data related I get an icon asking me to download, but when I click the icon I get the pop up to switch from ROGERS to ROGERS network.

I have removed and re-installed the physical sim card a few times with no change.

RogersZia

@XB70 can you please confirm if the MMS is enabled for the line in question? Did you already try the device tutorial RogersJermaine recommended? Here's the link for Galaxy S22 Ultra.

If manually configuring your settings on the device doesn't fix the issue we may have to create a ticket on your account. Please send us a PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance. Click here to do so. 

RogersZia

Yes MMS is enabled on both the physical and eSim numbers.
I went through the tutorial however as I stated in my response it is locked and I cannot make any changes. I did notice the MNC on my phone for both the physical and eSim is set to 720 not the 370 as detailed.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The MNC value of 370 is Fido not Rogers, so its a mistake.   But Fidos parent company is Rogers and uses the Rogers network so it might still work even with the mistkae, but i would change it to 720 to be safe

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation