cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send texts -- "Can't send message with ROGERS - error 2"

robroseott
I've been here awhile

Phone - Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Any text I send results in the above error message. I receive texts fine, just can't send.
I've done all the suggested troubleshooting:
Turned off/on
Turned off WiFi
Turned off "Calling Features"
Checked to make sure my SMSC is +17057969300

All have no effect.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't send texts -- "Can't send message with ROGERS - error 2"

robroseott
I've been here awhile

Thanks for your response. I had tried all those things had been tried and to no avail. I finally called tech support after getting the same problem with EVERY SMS client I tried. They did a network reset on their end and that fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

RogersMoin

Hello, @robroseott.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your text messaging concern in the Community along with the already done troubleshooting.

Restarting your phone should have resolved that error 2 issues. Are you using the default Messages app for texting?

Can you try toggling On and Off the Flight Mode? Turn it On for a few minutes and then turn it Off. Please wait for a few minutes and try sending the text messages, and keep us posted on the outcome.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

robroseott
I've been here awhile

Thanks for your response. I had tried all those things had been tried and to no avail. I finally called tech support after getting the same problem with EVERY SMS client I tried. They did a network reset on their end and that fixed the problem.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

looks like the problem was not a user issue but a backend issue that only tech support can fix, glad to see it working

I have the same issue but with only one of my contacts

Good day @chummy70,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for posting about the issue you're facing.

In order to further assist you, we'd need a tad bit more info. Have you performed any troubleshooting since you realized this was impacting one of your contacts?

If so, it would be much appreciated if you could share any details on the steps you've gone through so far. 

Additionally, if you could let us know the type of device you're using and the messaging app on which you're experiencing this error message, we could help you out in depth.

Thanks in advance!

RogersMaude

Same here!!! It's a huge pain!

Hi @CyanMantis,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and thank you for joining the conversation. Are you able to provide some more details on the issue you are experiencing so that we can assist you further?

I look forward to your reply.

RogersJermaine

All of a sudden today I'm having the same issue. I get "Can't send message with Rogers, error 2". But I can receive messages... I've done what was advised above but it is still not working...

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Call the technical support, they should be able to fix it

MCCL
I've been around

Hi!

Same here! = / All of a sudden, I receive SMS but I'm not able to send one. All I can see is : "Can't send message with Rogers, error 2"

I have also try what was advised above but it is still not working.

I have had 2 network resets done. Have trouble shot the heck out of it from phone side also. It's only 1 contact. Rogers help after reset said it must be something wrong with that contact. Not helpful.

Ultra 23.
Also receiving Rogers error 2 when trying to send texts. Have tried the solutions suggested in this forum. Can't even phone to ask for a reset because I cannot make calls either.

Helly01
I've been around

This just happened to me now.  I rebooted 2 times (shut down, wait 10 seconds before turning back on again)  and it worked on try 2.  Good luck!

Jodacious
I've been around
I am having the same issue, i have done as above also including having tech support resend to switch and I am still unable to text 1 number. He is also with rogers. I have a Samsung Galaxy 21 FE 5G. He is on an iPhone. I can receive texts from him and I can call him & vice versa. The only thing I have not done is factory reset.. it was working 2 days ago, yesterday tried to msg him and thats when this got frustrating. Even had sim card replaced.. HELP PLEASE

Greetings @Jodacious 👋

A warm welcome to the Community and Congrats on your first post with us! Yikes! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're running into. It sounds like some additional troubleshooting is needed to get this rectified for you. The last resort is generally a factory reset. With that said, we'd be happy to have a further gander to see if we can get this ironed out for you.

Feel free to connect with us by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 14 in conversation