cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone order Huawei Mate 20 pro? Free tablet per account now...

wawa2010
I'm here a lot

I want to upgrade my phone, but I have to pay off $400 of my current phone balance. Smiley Sad

***Added Labels***

87 REPLIES 87

Re: Anyone order Huawei Mate 20 pro? Free tablet per account now...

EvoX2013
I plan to stick around

And did you get the twilight or black cause if you got the twilight there gonna ship you a black one anyways automatically changed it and will not ship you a twilight, because they are all out of twilight and has no idea when they will get any.

YoniMutonji
I plan to stick around

I ordered the black one so that's all good with me. But it's okay, I've called Rogers and will be returning the Mate in favour of the Note 9. I hope you get your device though! My experience with the Mate 20 Pro wasn't the greatest 

I'm still in the same boat as you still haven't received any unit good or bad. when I called yesterday they told me it was waiting for pick up but he could not tell me how long it had been waiting. Odd no internal tracking. My guy didn't give me any line about Canada Post. From what it sounds like is the reps are using Canada post to cover their late shipments. Why would they switch from ups pick up to having Canada post manage the pick up during a strike with an $1100 phone?  Something seems wrong here. My excitement is dropping hearing about the screen issue but would still like to get the phone and move on with this.

EvoX2013
I plan to stick around
Ok so I finally got the real scoop from someone in Toronto and they actually ran out of phones so they’re waiting for more to come in from Huawei which makes a lot more sense. They just weren’t prepared for this phone at all. No body could tell me when they’re getting more in they said it could take another 15 days or more she said, I told them at this point I don’t care about waiting just send me the right phone that’s all. Just so many unwanted problems at this point cause they had some black ones in stock but I did want the twilight and then after I complained they switched it to black and they were gonna ship that one so I called back and cancelled that order and put in for the twilight a I just hope they’re not gonna hoop me on the Tablet now cause if they do I’m just gonna return it and go to Bell for all this hassle. It’s just recidiculas, oh and then before all that she was trying to tell me that they discontinued the twilight an I said how is that possible, with her snarky attitude says “the company stopped making it” I said how is that possible the phone just got released last week, haha. All I have to say to Rogers now is to be better prepared next time for such a big phone, they should have learned from what happened in Europe with it and them having record breaking pre-orders over there

Thanks for the update, I am finding all the stories very interesting. I haven't called today so I fell I should. Would like to know if my imaginary phone is still waiting for pick up. Ha. I ordered the twilight and every time I have talked to someone I have asked if there were shortages, and every time they have told me no. This is something that should have been caught in the pre-order. This is what the pre-order is for, to see what the interest is. If they did not have enough phones to fill the pre-order it should have told us a wait time and then you could see if you could get one in store. Will call this afternoon and see what the scoop is today. I will report back.

EvoX2013
I plan to stick around
Ok yes please do I’m interested to know what tell you now lol

jenniferc
I've been around

I ordered mine on Nov 5th, its been 2 weeks and I still haven't received a tracking number! I only got my order confirmation on the day I purchased it, any idea on how long it'll take till I receive it?  

YoniMutonji
I plan to stick around

I'm still keeping up with this thread and it's crazy how many different stories we're being told by these agents. Yesterday when I finally decided to just give up and return my Huawei phone, I was talking to a rep over the phone and she told me that if I wanted to I could swap my defective device for another one. She even further confirmed that they were in stock, now albeit it was for the black one and not twilight. 

I find it hard to believe that Huawei would stop manufacturing the most popular colour which is the Twilight version. I can't help but wonder if the agent you spoke to @EvoX2013 confused the P20 Pro for the Mate 20 Pro - either that or you dealt with a very incompetent agent. I had spoken with a few agents that tried to hide under the Canada Post Strike and I couldn't help but laugh because Rogers has historically used UPS - rarely have I ever seen them use Canada Post. 

I hope you guys get your devices and enjoy it to the fullest... I couldn't handle it anymore... so i'm just patiently waiting now for my Note9  to be shipped. At least the Canada Post strike is over in the GTA so they can't use that as an excuse anymore in that area

dabears1326
I plan to stick around
Has anyone here got a Phone with a BOE screen? Or all LG? You can download the device info app to check

haywire
I'm here a lot

So called in again yesterday and talked to someone in Toronto and it went up a few levels and it was super helpful. So what I have now heard is that Rogers has yet to receive the phone in the twilight variant.  Now I am talking Toronto at least and what he told me is the online supply is different than the stores.  I checked my local stores and they have not received any in that colour as well. So it seems to me that everyone that ordered black has had better luck than if you had ordered twilight. If anyone has received a twilight phone please let us know.  They do have a supply of black phones. My store which is large only received 3 black phones and the other store 2, which have been sold. Hope this helps.

YoniMutonji
I plan to stick around

@dabears1326 - the one that I had was the LG screen, i had checked it out through the device info app 

dabears1326
I plan to stick around
Both of ours are LG too. Apparently only the LG screens are the problem. The BOE ones are good. And most phones are BOE lg was the backup manufactor. But thinking maybe Rogers only got a batch of LG screens giving how most the phones seem to have the problem

stefman722
I plan to stick around

Hey there!

Just got my new Mate 20 Pro from Rogers on the 14th and the entire right side of my phone's screen is casting a green glow even in half brightness. You can see it in every angle and with any colour on the screen even as I type this on the forum. A quick Google search shows how bad of a problem this is. Anyone else in the same boat?! It's absolutely pathetic that Huawei has yet to release a recall.

YoniMutonji
I plan to stick around

@stefman722 - Hey, I had the same issue as well. Mine was on both edges and all four corners. It was pretty bad - ceck the link/pic below.

I ended up swapping my device for a Note 9 because it seems like the chances of getting another faulty screen was very high. I saw on redflags and reddit users in CAD complaining that they're on their 2nd and 3rd exchange and still have the screen issue. Huawei has yet to really take action on it 😕

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5I1WVAetHXkbGpYM0xaOWpDNGxSLTZvQnpMM0FsU0xpZE04

candroid
I plan to stick around

@stefman722 What color did you get?  I pre ordered the twilight on Nov 6th, still no clue when it is shipping as I am 53rd in line from 64 when I ordered 😞  Just wondering if the screen issue is on both color variants?  Thanks!!

candroid
I plan to stick around
What color did you get? I pre ordered the twilight on Nov 6th, still no clue when it is shipping as I am 53rd in line from 64 when I ordered Smiley Sad Just wondering if the screen issue is on both color variants? Thanks!!

candroid
I plan to stick around
I just spoke to a Rogers rep and the phones are on backorder from Huawei 😞 They don't even have any in there warehouse to ship to stores or personal addresses. Hopefully the backorder is because they are fixing the screen issue? What else would it be? Surely not that many people as crazy as us pre-ordered the most expensive Huewai ever lol

giz02
I've been here awhile

I signed up Nov 1 for a Twilight, and like you, I received the confirmation email day 1, then I received 1 additional update email on the 9th.  Nothing since.  I thought I read somewhere that they'd at least send out weekly  updates, but perhaps I'm mistaken

I was 31, now I'm 26th - I supposed it's because others in front of me dropped out.

It is disappointing that a 'communications' company would be so poor at communicating what's going on.  Absurd that I have to troll these forums and read all of the ridiculous conjecture going on here.

candroid
I plan to stick around

@giz02 Yeah my place in line hasn't moved in 2 weeks.  I talked to a Rogers rep and the twilight is on a 2-3 week back order.  I ended up driving an hour yesterday to another Rogers store just to get the black one.  I wanted it now in order to take advantage of the free tablet and the free Lenovo smart screen offers.  If I would have waited for the twilight I would have missed the boxing day deals.  I havent cancelled my order yet because in the off chance it does show up within the next 15 days I can go exchange the black one and because it is the same phone I still keep the free gifts and that is my advice to you...

stefman722
I plan to stick around
I just returned my first Mate 20 Pro to Rogers yesterday and exchanged it for a new one because of the green screen issue so hopefully my new will be better but I doubt it. New phone has the same build date so it will likely have the same issue. You guys that are waiting for your phones should be happy. You'll have a newer build date and likely won't have to deal with the same poop i'm dealing with.

stefman722
I plan to stick around
What's your phone's serial number? In the middle of the serial number, should be A18*** which will tell you build date. The 18 is the year, next number is month then next two numbers is the day.

Topic Stats