cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negative balance after account cancellation

samsonkychan
I've been around

Hello.  I assume the negative balance will be refunded via cheque around a month after the final bill's date?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: negative balance after account cancellation

RogersRahul

Hello @samsonkychan ,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I'm glad you've reached out for clarification. Refunds for a negative balance on cancelled accounts are issued automatically by a cheque in the account holder’s name and sent to the address on file. This can take up to 6 weeks from the date of cancellation.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,

RogersRahul

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RogersRahul

Hello @samsonkychan ,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I'm glad you've reached out for clarification. Refunds for a negative balance on cancelled accounts are issued automatically by a cheque in the account holder’s name and sent to the address on file. This can take up to 6 weeks from the date of cancellation.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,

RogersRahul

leah0422
I've been around

Hello,

I have been using rogers for over 2 years and I have cancelled my service on December 2nd.

For my final balance, Rogers has overcharged me so now I have $-98.63 under my account.

I tried to call customer service and live chat SEVERAL times for a few weeks and they are NEVER available.

How am I supposed to receive my refund, if I cant even talk with an agent? Also how much time do I have to waste to get a refund? Because they are not receiving calls and chat, I don't even know if they have sent me a check or not.

This is so frustrating and ridiculous.

Can someone please let me know how long do I have to wait to receive a check or there is no choice but to waste my time to receive my money???

Thanks.

Good day, @leah0422!

We appreciate your post and hope you are doing well! 🙂

I do want to apologize for the long wait times experienced across all avenues of support, we seem to be much busier than usual since the holidays! Things do seem to be getting better and have calmed down a bit. 

As mentioned in the 'Accepted Solution' above, once an account has been cancelled, any remaining credit balances resulting from an overpayment will be automatically refunded in our system. This may take approximately 6 weeks from the date that the final bill is processed on the account and the refund should arrive by mail in the form of a cheque to the address on file.

I hope this is helpful! If you do not receive your refund within the allotted timeframe, please feel free to reach out for assistance. 

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

jvr2
I've been around

The best thing I did was cancel my account with Rogers; I will not even reconsider them. I reached out regarding my overpayment since I cancelled before the billing date. They told me to reach out again on the billing date. So I waited two days past the billing date when I got staff that HATE their jobs and know how to copy and paste and nothing more. The BARE minimum. I kept asking for what ... and was constantly told to call after the billing date.  Again, I ask what and what to do next... again I'm told to contact after the billing date which apparently is suddenly the 30th. Honestly, having to contact rogers again but I wouldn't mind as much if the person just took a minute to type a proper response advising me that I needed to speak with Operations and what I would need to request/ know. The last person I spoke to before today asked me for a pin which wasn't necessary today either. Lol, zero consistency or proper customer service. Just miserable and disgruntled employees.  

Will Rogers pay interest to this customer at the same rate as their late payment charges, since they are using his funds for 6-8 weeks as per your note above. If not, why not. Rogers claim they have the best system in Canada so why does it take 6-8 weeks to process refunds

Butcher
I've been around

I’ve been waiting 4 weeks already, 4-6 more weeks is UNACCEPTABLE!!

#rogers
I left your mobile services the first week of august after 13 or so years, On August 11th I called to verify the $174 bill I received, it was said by one of your CSR’s I in fact owed that, I paid it, the same day, I got a CREDIT for $158, and STILL do not have my money!
You’d be charging your customer interest right!? Well, you owe me interest!
I’ve been on countless hours on hold, been sent to the wrong dept, hung up on, and your CSR wonders why I’m . !?
I want my MONEY!
Not In 4-6 weeks, like the last CSR just said, I’ve asked for the call to be escalated, and been on hold for 40 min… AGAIN! you have me banking info, DEPOSIT IT!

Mnbb
I've been around
I have been trying to have my Rogers account credited for over a month after cancellation. I get put on hold and then hung up on by customer service agents apparently by accident after I ask for a reference number. I have been treated horribly by Rogers and will make sure everyone knows how horrible of an experience I have had. To date they still have not credited me back for returning the home monitor system and continue to tell me week after week that if will be done soon.

Hello, @Mnbb 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I can understand how frustrating this experience has been for you thus far. We can definitely take a closer look at this for you.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

lr77
I've been around

I too had a credit on my closed account.
I contacted Rogers exactly 105 days after the last invoice on the account was issued.
I called customer service. They were very nice, but I ended up spending about 50 minutes on this call, including about 15 min on hold. They agreed to issue a check that will take another 2-3 weeks to arrive. It did not seem like they were going to do anything automatically. The weird thing is, they asked me for a credit card “type” e.g. Mc/visa.
 I get that this is a question that might appear when they issue a refund to a Credit Card. But it should not appear when they agreed to issue a check. 

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 in conversation