gigabit modem shortage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: gigabit modem shortage

I'm sorry. I don't entirely understand this reply. It reads like the gigabit internet is a newer technology than the gigabit internet.

I do not really care about what modem is required, what I am interested in is the end result. If I can get gigabit internet with the Ignite WiFi Gateway then yes, I'm interested in migrating to that. It's exactly what I want.

Otherwise what I'm reading here is that the only way to get gigabit internet right now is to cancel all of my services, and create a new account for internet. That just doesn't make any sense for me or Rogers.

So again, yes, if the Ignite WiFi Gateway modem enables me to get gigabit internet, I want to migrate to an Ignite Internet package, please.
Highlighted

Hi @scrabble,

Just to clarify, you are able to switch to Ignite Internet with the Ignite WiFI gateway modem. However if you have a residential bundle, all your services would have to switch to the Ignite TV bundle.

I hope this answers your question. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello! If I switch to Ignite Internet with the Internet WiFi Gateway modem, and that can give me access to gigabit, then the rest is fine. Please let me know if you are able to help me get an Internet WiFi Gateway modem if that is the case. Thanks!

Highlighted

Greetings @scrabble,

Thank you for your response. 🙂

Regretfully, we are limiting the number of migrations being conducted at this time and, as of right now, we are unable to migrate existing internet customers over to standalone Ignite internet service (with our XB6 modem). Once things with the current pandemic begin to improve, this option may become available once more. We appreciate your kind understanding.

Customers who are presented with the option to migrate their services via their MyRogers profiles using self-serve are welcomed to do so. 

If your main concern is simply with upgrading from a lower internet tier to Gigabit internet and you require a modem swap to our CODA modem, we can try to get this done for you but it could be challenging due to our limited supply of CODA modems. Feel free to shoot us a PM and we'll see what we can do. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you!

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I do not kindly understand. I will be cancelling my account and signing up for a new account, since this seems to be the only way to actually upgrade my internet. My mobile phone will not be coming back to Rogers.