cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bill for delivered equipment

arafin
I've been here awhile

I got a bill for non returned equipment for $251. used CP label. delivery made on jan 10. tried calling multiple times , no body picks up. tried chat, first they transfer yo tech support which cut me off. i contacted again , this time the tech transferred me back to customer care which again transferred me to another agent who is not responding. so far almost 4 hours lost since friday night. what a weekend. This company never learns. i have all the proof , i will not pay a dime for things i returned. i will report to CTRC and Better Business Bureau if issue not resolved and also initiate dispute if they take out from my account. Anybody in Rogers see this post , try to contact me if possible . i am pretty sure this company at least has the ability to look up my contact details from this forum. fyi the only thing good about this telco is the music that plays during hold.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: bill for delivered equipment

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@arafin have a look at the following post:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Unreturned-Equipment-Charge/m-p/483602/highlig...

Fwiw, if this situation doesn't appear every week when someone sends in equipment, then it will usually show up every second week.  This has been going on for years, and nothing ever changes. 

Send a message to the moderators to initiate a search thru the warehouse for the equipment.

@CommunityHelps is the group address for the moderators here on the Rogers Forum. When you're logged into the forum, follow this link to the @CommunityHelps page. On that page will be a link on the right hand side to Send a Message. Follow that link to the message composition page. The address will fill in automatically. Fill in the subject and details, including your account number and when the message is complete, hit Send Message at the bottom.

When you're logged into the forum, look for a number overlaying the envelope symbol at the upper right hand corner. That will indicate that there's an inbound message for you. Follow that envelope symbol as it serves as a link to the message inbox and outbox. From the response in the inbox you can then message back and forth as required. There will be an authentication procedure that you will have to complete in order to service any change requests for your account.

To send anyone else on the forum a message, including @CommunityHelps, hover your mouse over their user name and a popup will appear with a link to send a Private Message. Follow that Private Message link to the message composition page and as before the message addressee will fill in automatically. Fill in the subject and details and hit Send Message when you're ready to send the message.

Okay, so, if this doesn't go according to plan rather quickly, send in a complaint to the CRTC, indicating that this is an ongoing problem with Rogers.  I would also indicate in the complaint that its time for the CRTC to publish a public declaration or announcement of some type, that ISP customers who follow the company's procedures for returning equipment cannot be held responsible for that equipment in any way, shape or form, when the equipment has been accepted by Canada Post or a courier company, depending on which ISP we're talking about.  Customers shouldn't have to do battle with the ISP when the ISP itself is responsible for losing that equipment in its own warehouse, which happens again and again with Rogers.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@arafin have a look at the following post:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Unreturned-Equipment-Charge/m-p/483602/highlig...

Fwiw, if this situation doesn't appear every week when someone sends in equipment, then it will usually show up every second week.  This has been going on for years, and nothing ever changes. 

Send a message to the moderators to initiate a search thru the warehouse for the equipment.

@CommunityHelps is the group address for the moderators here on the Rogers Forum. When you're logged into the forum, follow this link to the @CommunityHelps page. On that page will be a link on the right hand side to Send a Message. Follow that link to the message composition page. The address will fill in automatically. Fill in the subject and details, including your account number and when the message is complete, hit Send Message at the bottom.

When you're logged into the forum, look for a number overlaying the envelope symbol at the upper right hand corner. That will indicate that there's an inbound message for you. Follow that envelope symbol as it serves as a link to the message inbox and outbox. From the response in the inbox you can then message back and forth as required. There will be an authentication procedure that you will have to complete in order to service any change requests for your account.

To send anyone else on the forum a message, including @CommunityHelps, hover your mouse over their user name and a popup will appear with a link to send a Private Message. Follow that Private Message link to the message composition page and as before the message addressee will fill in automatically. Fill in the subject and details and hit Send Message when you're ready to send the message.

Okay, so, if this doesn't go according to plan rather quickly, send in a complaint to the CRTC, indicating that this is an ongoing problem with Rogers.  I would also indicate in the complaint that its time for the CRTC to publish a public declaration or announcement of some type, that ISP customers who follow the company's procedures for returning equipment cannot be held responsible for that equipment in any way, shape or form, when the equipment has been accepted by Canada Post or a courier company, depending on which ISP we're talking about.  Customers shouldn't have to do battle with the ISP when the ISP itself is responsible for losing that equipment in its own warehouse, which happens again and again with Rogers.  

arafin
I've been here awhile
Thank you for elaborate solution. I m glad i posted in the forum. i was eventually able to contact a CS rep later , a case initiated and they are trying to locate the equipment. Got an email saying they will update bill next bill cycle. it not i will contact CRTC as you advised. Thank you once again for giving such an incredibly support.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation