cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong collection charge

R1ledger
I've been around

Hello everyone, I've encountered an issue with collection charges on my credit file. Despite all my accounts being at a 0 balance, I seem to have incorrect collection charges listed. What would be the best course of action to resolve this? Should I consider consulting with a lawyer for assistance?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Wrong collection charge

Princess_Peach
I plan to stick around
1st Do not contact the credit collection agency
2nd contact Rogers, do you have your complete credit reports from TransUnion (consumer disclosure and account details) and Equifax credit report download it in PDF.
3 are the collection actions listed on both credit reports (public inquiries, collection actions) or do you have a Rogers account with a derogatory rating. Do not reply with this info to me here.
4 get all.thr information re Rogers account, details, payment. Collection action details last payment, delinquency). If you have a Rogers account with a debt right off, I bet the collection "agency" inflated what you owe. That's illegal. Learn your provincial consumer protection laws. They will help you manage predatory actions to an extent by knowing your rights.
5 contact Rogers. Ask for your invoices, account numbers if not specified on your credit report. Btw TransUnion and Equifax can and often do have different information. That's why I highly recommend paying the month intro price for both so you can mind the data to use in your discussions with Rogers and..
6 dispute the collection action with the collection agency if the record is incomplete or wrong, they can not collect more than what was owed to the original creditor (Rogers)
7 go back and get every bank record, I can go back 6 years, find every payment to Rogers .. screen capture your results, to painful to download
8 make a spreadsheet of payments
9 if you can figure out how much your monthly Rogers bill was and match to payments in spreadsheet, by month and per years in question
10 check your phone number history on your Equifax and consumer disclosure TransUnion. Rogers typically reports a new "account" - wireless number. It may help with your puzzle
11 I hope this helps. Good luck. Don't give up, keep calling, chatting and social media pm too.
Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation