cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst customer service I have ever dealth with.

blasdfaslhkdf
I've been here awhile

I moved 3 months ago, cancelling my internet but keeping my phone.  A month later I started receiving emails from roger telling me I owed them 100's of dollars.  When I called them they asked me to confirm my birth date then told me I was telling them the wrong birth date.  So after we worked through what was happening I found out that rogers let someone who didn't even know my birth date change my birth date in my account and take out 2 new phones and internet to a new address that I've never heard of before.  Fast forward 3 months and after talking to 7-10 reps and spending over 10 hours on the phone who all told me this was resolved, rogers started calling my elderly stepdad and me for 500 dollars in back charges on for the fraud.  I call today and spend 2 hrs on hold while reps send me to the wrong departments. 

Rogers has the worst customer service in Canada.  It's bad enough you can barely understand the foreign reps with thick accents, but they continue to tell me everything is taken care of and I don't know any money while they harass my elderly step-father. 

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Worst customer service I have ever dealth with.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@blasdfaslhkdf 

1.     The first thing you should do is file a police report. You appear to be the victim of identity theft, so, a police report is in order considering that there are dollars involved in this issue, with the prospect of further damage in the future.  

2.     The next thing you should do is file a report with the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.  You can do this online:

3.  The next item is to call both Equifax Canada and Transunion Canada and:

a.     ask for a printed copy of your credit file.  They're supposed to supply a copy on demand as far as I know;

b.     ask both Equifax Canada and Transunion Canada to confirm your personal details and contact information.  I suspect that you'll find that one or both will have blindly accepted changes to your date of birth and other details due to Rogers reporting of your credit situation with Rogers.  That change of birth date is a definite problem. You might have to submit proof of details in the form of Drivers License and/or Health Card ID, or passport ID to Equifax and Transunion in order to prove that you are who you are.  This also brings up the possibility of the ID thief changing your details to obtain a new Drivers Licence and Health card in your name.  

c.     have them place a statement on your credit file that you're an ongoing victim of identity theft.  That statement should also indicate that no further approvals for credit take place without your direct approval and that they are to contact you directly for any approvals.  This is where the requirement to confirm your contact details comes up.  You might also need to provide a copy of a police report to both Equifax Canada and Transunion Canada.

d.     ask if Rogers or any debt collection agency has placed any derogatory statements on your credit file.  If so, dispute the statements, demand their removal due to the identity theft, and demand that your credit rating be restored to its previous level.  Once again, a copy of a police report might be required.  If Rogers or a debt collection agency has placed derogatory statements on your credit file, that will tank your credit rating, resulting in higher interest rates for any loans or mortgage, or, possibly a refusal to initiate or renew a loan or mortgage.

e.     I would also demand that any further derogatory statements from Rogers or from any debt collection agency be ignored until this entire situation is cleared up.  

Fwiw, here's a link to a google search for "canada consumer debt recovery".  Take a read thru some of the links to understand what your rights are:

4.     Next item is to contact the issueing agency in your province to check your Drivers Licence and Health card details and to flag those files for ID theft, in order to prevent any unauthorized changes and card renewals. 

5.     Next item to submit a complaint to the CRTC:  https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/contact/question.htm

It would probably be worth a chat with a CRTC agent to understand what they might be able to to for you.  I suspect that filing a police report will be the first step in order to provide any paperwork to the CRTC.  

Do not wait for Rogers!!!  You need to protect your reputation and credit rating, so, simply get on with the list and force Equifax Canada and Transunion Canada to conduct their own investigations to refute any submissions by Rogers or any debt collection agency.  

Last but not least, take notes of every interaction with any organization that you contact, or which contacts you, or any of your relatives.  Keep track of the time, day, date, matters discussed or any correspondence in the form of messages or email. 

Edit:  Was your step-father ever a guarantor of your account with Rogers?  I'm wondering why anyone would call him looking for a payment?  If he was listed as a guarantor of your account, then it would make some sense that Rogers would call him looking for payment.  If he's not listed on your account as a guarantor and not listed as a someone who has access to your account, that would lead me to think that the caller was from a debt collection agency, which would indicate that Rogers has turned your account over to a debt collection agency.  Once again, a police report should be filed......

Re: Worst customer service I have ever dealth with.

blasdfaslhkdf
I've been here awhile

How about you don't give out products all willy-nilly then expect me to deal with it after the fact.  I'm still getting calls from 1866 346 3430 telling me I have 500 dollars outstanding, but when I call 1866 764 3771 they tell me i have no outstanding balance.  Over 10 hours on the phone, trash company.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation