cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Complaint Regarding Misleading Information Provided by Customer Service

ariya
I've been here awhile
Dear Rogers Customer Service,

I am writing to express my deep frustration and disappointment with the misleading information I received from your customer service team, which has now left me in a difficult and unfair situation.

Before deciding to cancel my account, I contacted your customer service for advice on the financial implications of canceling early, as my plan is still active until December 2024. I specifically asked the agent multiple times to clarify the costs I would incur, and I was repeatedly assured that the only charge I would face would be for the device itself. The agent even mentioned that my current plan would be prorated for this month, giving me further confidence that I was making the right decision.

Based on this information, I went ahead and canceled my account. However, when I called customer service again to inquire about returning my device, I was shocked to learn that the previous agent had provided me with incorrect information. I am now being told that I am responsible for paying all dues until December 2024. Had I been given accurate information, I would never have canceled my account in the first place, as I was simply exploring better options, not looking to incur additional costs.

This situation is extremely upsetting, as I feel misled by the initial advice I was given. I trusted the information provided by your representative, and now I find myself facing unexpected financial consequences that I was assured would not apply.

I urge you to review this situation and consider the impact of the misinformation I received. I am asking for your understanding and assistance in resolving this issue in a fair manner, as it is unjust for me to be held accountable for the mistakes made by your customer service team.

I look forward to your prompt response and a resolution that reflects the responsibility of Rogers in this matter.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Urgent Complaint Regarding Misleading Information Provided by Customer Service

RogersMoin

Hello, @ariya.

Thank you for joining our Community and sharing your concerns. We appreciate your detailed post. It's disheartening that you parted ways with us.

Thank you for reaching out to us before cancelling your account. Based on the information provided, your final bill will look like this:
Partial charges for your plan + Device Balance + Save & Return Device Payment.

There are no other dues for which you will be billed.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,
RogersMoin

Re: Urgent Complaint Regarding Misleading Information Provided by Customer Service

ariya
I've been here awhile
Hi,

I dont want to keep my phone as I already have a new phone. Any other options? Please help!

@ariya as part of our Save & Return program, you had to either return the phone or pay off the remaining device balance and keep it. In this instance, since the line is cancelled you would have to pay the device balance off. This information would have been communicated to you via email when you initially signed up for the Save & Return device.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation