cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded internet and received a new account # but old account still being charged

bxcee
I've been around

I recently called to get a new internet plan, got the modem and everything hooked up and worked. I was wondering why they never said anything about returning the old modem. Then I realized when I login, there is suddenly a new account number showing up which is billed to the new internet plan. Then if I go to the other account number, the old internet plan is still there, not cancelled (and for some reason it's listed under "TV" instead of "Internet"...?). For my own reference in the future, do I always have to explicitly call to cancel my old plan if I want to do an upgrade? This is for the same household so I don't know why they didn't cancel when I explicitly said to upgrade/change my plan. And why did it get created under a new account number?

Called Rogers and they said it's because I migrated from a legacy account to Ignite. And the old account will stop billing me following the next cycle. This is now resolved, feel free to delete post.

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Upgraded internet and received a new account # but old account still being charged

RogersZia

Hi @bxcee! Thank you for keeping us posted! Glad the issue is resolved for you!

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation