cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

carlb
I plan to stick around

I guess this isn’t specific to apple but it is a pain. It seems now Rogers has changed the rules.

Trying to upgrade an iPad to an existing number is a royal pain. You can no longer do it by talking to an agent by phone or by chat or by MyRogers, you have to go to a store.

My question is WHY?

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Upgrade

RogersJermaine

Hi @carlb,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your first post! We appreciate your feedback and do apologize to hear about your recent experience with trying to upgrade your tablet device. Our support teams through our different channels (phones, live chat, social media) should be able to complete this transaction for you. Our self serve option is available as well to help with completing a lot of transactions on your own time. 

Were you getting any error messages when trying to complete this transaction online? I tested on my account, and I was able to go through the process of adding a tablet to my existing plan.

Thank you
RogersJermaine

carlb
I plan to stick around
It’s just a pia that way, cause then you have to call and cancel the new number that they give you

Jobst
I've been here awhile

Not specific to Apple platforms. Tried on a PC and had same issue.

Good day @carlb and @Jobst,

Depending on which tablet you are after, there could be an issue with stock at the warehouse. If the item happens to be out-of-stock, then you may be redirected to a Rogers store to complete the upgrade/order of the new tablet. I'd definitely recommend calling ahead to confirm stock availability before making your way in and bring along a piece of valid photo ID as well. 

@carlb Just curious, did the agent explain to you why they were not able to complete the upgrade for you on your existing wireless line? 

Thanks,

RogersYasmine

carlb
I plan to stick around

I was told the new system won’t allow them to.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation