cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upfront Edge - Returning Device, do you need the box?

Dan45
I've been here awhile

Hello,

My term is coming to an end and I am wondering if you need to have the box + contents in oder to return your device? I found some older posts but wanted to see what current requirements are. Thanks! 

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upfront Edge - Returning Device, do you need the box?

RogersYasmine

Hello @Dan45 !

Thanks for posting your Upfront Edge question in our community! Although, it would be great if you still have the original box and accessories available to be returned with your Upfront Edge device, it is not mandatory. The main thing of concern is that you return the device in good working condition, as described in the 'Upfront Edge Terms' provided at the time of enrollment. A device in good work working condition must:

- Be fully functional and free from damage.
-  Power on and navigate to the home screen.
- Accept and hold a charge.
- Have the ability to perform a factory reset.
- Be free from physical damage (for example, no broken/cracked front and back glass, punctures, dents, blemishes, dark spots etc.) Note: Customers who enrolled in the Upfront Edge program prior to August 14th, 2022 can return the device with broken and/or cracked back glass.
- Be free from liquid/moisture damage and there cannot be any missing components (for example, missing battery, battery cover, SIM/media tray, buttons, etc.).
- Have all accounts, passwords and any activation locks removed and/or turned off (i.e. Find My iPhone, Google, Find My Mobile, and firmware passwords).

For more info on the Upfront Edge program, check out our FAQs

Hopefully, this helps!

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RogersYasmine

Hello @Dan45 !

Thanks for posting your Upfront Edge question in our community! Although, it would be great if you still have the original box and accessories available to be returned with your Upfront Edge device, it is not mandatory. The main thing of concern is that you return the device in good working condition, as described in the 'Upfront Edge Terms' provided at the time of enrollment. A device in good work working condition must:

- Be fully functional and free from damage.
-  Power on and navigate to the home screen.
- Accept and hold a charge.
- Have the ability to perform a factory reset.
- Be free from physical damage (for example, no broken/cracked front and back glass, punctures, dents, blemishes, dark spots etc.) Note: Customers who enrolled in the Upfront Edge program prior to August 14th, 2022 can return the device with broken and/or cracked back glass.
- Be free from liquid/moisture damage and there cannot be any missing components (for example, missing battery, battery cover, SIM/media tray, buttons, etc.).
- Have all accounts, passwords and any activation locks removed and/or turned off (i.e. Find My iPhone, Google, Find My Mobile, and firmware passwords).

For more info on the Upfront Edge program, check out our FAQs

Hopefully, this helps!

RogersYasmine

(Post has been merged to this thread by moderator)

Hi
Can you return your phone without the box the phone is fine works awesome I have the charging cord that came with it just my box got destroyed and peed on by one of our cats

Hello @Jelliemoon !

Thank you for visiting us in the Rogers community and congrats on your first post! That is quite the dilemma! 🙀

For the answer to your question, kindly have a peek at the Accepted Solution provided above.  Please remember that you can always complete a 'Search' before posting your question, as other members of the Community may have already asked or answered your question, or discussed the same topic previously. 😊

Cheers!

RogersYasmine

djrobinn
I plan to stick around

do I need to return the power cable with an upfront edge return. is it a big deal if I don't? thank you.

Dan45
I've been here awhile
I returned nothing but the phone to the store, no issues at all.

Hello,

I tried returning my device that I enrolled before August 14th 2022 with a broken back glass and they are not accepting, even though it is in your policy stated in your text. I am confused on what to do.

thank you

Greetings @jessicadallaire!

If the back glass is broken, the device does not qualify as being in good working condition and cannot be returned under the Upfront Edge program. 

You must return phone in good working condition (must power up to the home screen, accept a charge, and have the ability to perform a factory reset; LCD/touchscreen must be functioning and cannot have any dark spots and/or blemishes and there cannot be any physical damage to a device such as cracks in the body of the device or broken and/or cracked LCD/touchscreen and/or back glass).

Upfront Edge program support and FAQs - Rogers

The remaining Upfront Edge amount will be charged out to your next bill following the end of your 24-month term.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation