cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upfront Edge Return issues

Astriaren
I've been here awhile

Do not end/return/upgrade your Upfront Edge plan on the website. I did. Got the new phone but have received the run around and horrible solution options to return the phone.
I’ve spent hours on the phone, going to a store, hours on the phone again, only to have to go to Canada Post and mail it in myself with a code that hopefully works.
Save yourself the hassle and go to a store. Don’t do anything online, through the app or over the phone.
The staff were pleasant but they were not given the proper tools by Rogers to help me. It has been painful!

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upfront Edge Return issues

Hello @Astriaren ,

We appreciate you posting about your Upfront Edge experience in the Community. I'm disappointed to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience with trying to return your device to us. What should have been a simple process, seems to have turned into a bit of a mess. 😞

Generally, when customers' complete their hardware upgrade online or over the phone with an agent, a Return Kit would be issued to them which, upon receipt, they would use to return their Upfront Edge device safely and securely. Please note, when completing an upgrade online via self-serve, you would have needed to select the option to 'Return your Upfront Edge device' during the upgrade process in order for the Return Kit to be sent to you. Do you recall making this selection?

Also, returns must be done either within the final month of your agreement, OR as part of a hardware upgrade within 60 days (grace period) of your agreement ending. Was the hardware upgrade and return processed during the eligible time-frame?

You mentioned that you returned your device via Canada Post so I'm guessing that you have a tracking number--what is the current status of your return? If you are concerned about being automatically billed for the Upfront Edge amount, you may want to consider changing your payment option and completing a manual payment until the return has been processed in our database. You can always move back to automatic payments later via our self-serve options online.

If you'd like us to have a closer look into this for you, we can certainly do so. Feel free to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps to get started.

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

blumisty
I've been here awhile

I hear you. I did the same thing and have been dealing with problems ever since. Rogers told me that I had 15 days to send in my old upfront edge phone when my new one arrived, but they didn’t send a return box or address to use. Then I took it to my local Rogers store and the lady told me she could send it and she gave me the tracking number. It was delivered and signed for so I figured I was done, nope. They charged me for the phones upfront edge charge, $636.00. I did an online chat to have that removed but the rep told me that I had to take my new phone back and to get Rogers to send my old phone back to me because I upgraded too early. What?

On top of all that Rogers offered 3 months free Apple T.V. - never got that. 
Rogers offered 6 months of Disney+ - never got that either. 

Sorry about the rant ☹️

Astriaren
I've been here awhile
Sounds eerily familiar to what I’m going through. I asked for compensation for my time and the offered me 5GB of data…to someone who never used all of their data that was a useless offer. It’s like giving someone with a well, a glass of water.
Honestly it’s time to start switch my services elsewhere.

blumisty
I've been here awhile

Yes! Up till now I haven’t had much to complain about but it kinda makes you think. Good luck 🤞 

Astriaren
I've been here awhile
Update. Phone has been mailed. And Rogers just billed me for the phone after telling me in the last conversation that I had 30 days to return it. Someone please help me. There seems to be no way to avoid being charged for the phone on the Upfront Edge plan when the term ends. I can only pray that the phone is actually received and processed by Rogers and they do not actually withdraw the money in 10 days.

Hello @Astriaren ,

We appreciate you posting about your Upfront Edge experience in the Community. I'm disappointed to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience with trying to return your device to us. What should have been a simple process, seems to have turned into a bit of a mess. 😞

Generally, when customers' complete their hardware upgrade online or over the phone with an agent, a Return Kit would be issued to them which, upon receipt, they would use to return their Upfront Edge device safely and securely. Please note, when completing an upgrade online via self-serve, you would have needed to select the option to 'Return your Upfront Edge device' during the upgrade process in order for the Return Kit to be sent to you. Do you recall making this selection?

Also, returns must be done either within the final month of your agreement, OR as part of a hardware upgrade within 60 days (grace period) of your agreement ending. Was the hardware upgrade and return processed during the eligible time-frame?

You mentioned that you returned your device via Canada Post so I'm guessing that you have a tracking number--what is the current status of your return? If you are concerned about being automatically billed for the Upfront Edge amount, you may want to consider changing your payment option and completing a manual payment until the return has been processed in our database. You can always move back to automatic payments later via our self-serve options online.

If you'd like us to have a closer look into this for you, we can certainly do so. Feel free to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps to get started.

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

Astriaren
I've been here awhile
I followed the instructions to upgrade my phone that were available to me online. I don’t specifically recall details about return options for the phone. I did not receive anything to return the phone when the new one was issued to me. I have been dealing with return issues ever since.

The package was supposed to have been delivered yesterday. But it says it will be delivered by EOD today. Tracking information below.
https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/track-reperage/en#/search?searchFor=7256102334465992&searchBy...

I’ve been trying to return it before March 8th but that failed due to issues with Rogers. If it arrives and is processed today, then we are well within the 60 day grace period.

Regardless, I have returned the phone. I will not pay any remaining amount for that phone as it is will be Rogers possession and will be considered returned.

SlyM
I plan to stick around

Going through this as we speak. Returned the old phone after upgrading my niece's phone, it took weeks to get the return package (after Purolator couldn't deliver the first return pkg because Rogers used an incomplete address). Took a while to connect with someone via private message here (never was able to settle it on the phone - automated telephone h e double hockey sticks, wrong dept transfers, etc.) who advised that a second return pkg would be sent, which it was. Shipped phone back via Purolator on Jan 31 (took a copy of the courier label and tracked the phone). It was received Feb 13th and I have a copy of the tracking report with signature of the receiver.

Today, I received an email from Rogers stating that because I hadn't returned the phone, I would be charged the upfront edge amount ($520). Dreading having to try and navigate through this via phone or online chat since it was such a nightmare just to get a return package. Plus I'd rather do it online vs phone to have a "paper trail".

Just curious, has anyone been successful in Rogers waiving the charge after being told to pay? Will have to reconsider a new carrier once my contracts run out (unfortunately, I just recently renewed).  Rogers definitely doesn't deserve anymore of my money than I've already given them over the 20+ years I've been with them given the service or lack thereof.

Good day, @SlyM !

Thanks for joining us here in the Community and for sharing your recent experience with the Upfront Edge return process. We are very grateful for your business and appreciate the 20+ years of loyalty--it means a lot! I'm really disappointed to hear that this latest experience has been such a bumpy ride. 😞 

I know it can take a few weeks for returns to get fully processed in our database once we receive the shipment back, but this does seem to be taking longer than normal. I would also be concerned.

Would you be able to send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look into this? For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

raymoews
I've been here awhile
I similar issue and didn't realize I was breaching my contract by upgrading early. I don't understand why I was able to upgrade if it was breaching my contract. I received a message that I would get a kit to return device. 10 days and nothing has come... I chatted with someone online and they said I have to pay 650$ and keep phone.
I have been loyal for 16 years and now I feel I am being robbed. I can't afford an $800 dollar bill. It was a stretch to pay my new plan at 120$ per month.
To top it off I could have switched to Telus and had a plan for 20$ less...

Good day @raymoews,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

We're happy to help you shed some light on how the Upfront Edge program works.

Normally, when you upgrade your phone you do have a grace period to return your upfront edge device. 

When did you go through with the hardware change via a new device subsidy and what method did you use?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Ahmed88
I've been around

Rogers representatives are misrepresenting. I had an.email from rogers stating that I have a grace period of 60 days after the due time to return the device and upgrade it to a new one. They added the bill of the phones from the first day and.in order to return the device and upgrade, I shall pay the billing amount of these phones. Total misleading and misrepresentation...

Hello, @Ahmed88 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can completely understand your frustration regarding your experience with our Upfront Edge program.

If you are doing an upgrade then there should be a grace period of 60 days so it is strange that you are not being given this option. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and take a closer look at this for you. 

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

sav3
I've been here awhile

Yeah they charged me for the upfront edge amount of 499. they forgot to send my return kit so i went inperson to do it and they said once it hits the warehouse itll be taken off my invoice but its been over 2 weeks and nothing has changed and ive been talking to agents and they are no help and im getting sick of rogers. worst company ever

jsadovia
I've been here awhile

I have had the exact same problem with 3 phones on my account, it’s not worth saving the 60 bucks. They never send the kits. Online chats take forever, phone calls don’t work and the store won’t help you if you upgraded online. They are honestly the worst, just wait out your contract and go somewhere else sadly. 

Hello @jsadovia,

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We're sorry to learn that your experience has been far from ideal.

We'd like the opportunity to take a deeper look into this. Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps, so we can get started, 

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

RogersMaude

mordicai
I've been around

I made the mistake of using Upfront Edge. My contract ended on 10 Aug 23, I returned the phone as required and immediately got billed for the outstanding amount. I talked with customer service, gave them the number on my receipt, it didn't matter.  I ended up paying the balance, with the assurance I would get the money back.

Its been 2 months. The return has not been processed, and I am just out $400.  This is a scam. I won't ever deal with rogers again because of this.

jsadovia
I've been here awhile
I will reach out because as sure as I expected I have been charged for the two phones I returned and have tracking confirmation you received them; just horrible customer services.

ayf
I'm here a lot

Yikes!  This is very disheartening to hear. I'm planning to return my Upfront Edge phone and I need to get a Return Kit.  Who did you contact to get the Return Kit?  Was it online, on the phone or did you go into a Rogers Store? How long did you have to wait? I'm hearing different experiences. I have about 3 months to get this done as I don't want to have to pay the Upfront Edge amount. 

Mira1234
I've been around
Rogers refused to return my money although they received the phone and it’s in a good working condition within the right time frame and I have an email from them that confirms that! Rogers upfront edge program is a big scam. I am filing a complaint against them in the CCTS and you should do the same if you haven’t received your money back as well. Here’s the link https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

ayf
I'm here a lot

Ok. Thanks to all.  To be honest, this Upfront Edge program was a first time for me, and it's not explained in a simple way, just a lot of selling words. I'm not going with this this program again. 

Topic Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 13 in conversation